The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I continue to be fascinated with the Zeiss 110mm f/2

PSon

This is one of my favorite lens of all time and most use lens in my line up. Here is an example taking at F5.6 with the Rollei Planar HFT 2.0/110 PQ lens with the Sinar eMotion 75LVr back.

Last edited:

Paratom

Its my favorite and most used lens on the Hy6, even though it has no AF and is quite heavy (the Rollei version at least).
With the bright viewfinder its easy to focus, the transition to the OOF is very nice, it renders gentle but still with a defined look, the focal length is very universal, and it also offers a very good shortes focusing distance.

PeterA

Wide open - it pops! ( this one your FE version Son and your 205..) CFV11 back. I think the Rollie mount version I have is maybe better..

Jacks F on a Contax body Sinar back via Hasselblad to Mamiya mount swap..

the Nocti is maybe even better...cerrtainly a LOT lighter -:)

Last edited:

Geoff

A bit offbeat - parsnip anyone?

Schneider 90 mm macro on Rollei, dp20.

Geoff

Last edited:

PSon

Peter,
great images but Jack's F version was also mine. LOL

Geoff, the 90 is an amazing lens as well and the colors is brilliant.

Best Regards,
Son

archivue

i've never seen a lens as good as the Apo sironar digital 90 now called digaron W.
I will please to see a comparison vs the sironar 90 and the hassy 110...

woodyspedden

Peter,

Best Regards,
Son
Son

At one time or another you must have had the market cornered on the 110. I of course still have the Hassy version which I use constantly on my D3X with an adapter. Best portrait lens ever (maybe). I also love my Contax 85 1.2 50th anniversary lens on any body that will allow it.:thumbs:

Woody

Stuart Richardson

It is a superb lens -- I can't really think of another lens that I would rather have -- it is really beautiful the way it draws, and the focal length is very versatile -- it is wide enough to provide the image context from the background, but not so wide as to distract from the main focus. And of course, the selective focus abilities are great, the lens speed is very fast, the viewfinder bright, it focuses closer than most medium format lenses...and it is not that big (at least in Hasselblad mount).

I use it all the time, but here are two shots from quite recently, I also posted them in the analog section.

This one is not a great expression, but it demonstrates the nice characteristics of the lens -- very smooth and lovely bokeh in both the foreground and background, as well as sharp focus at the focal point. Some vignetting, but not overwhelming. This was shot at f/2.

fotografz

Wide open - it pops! ( this one your FE version Son and your 205..) CFV11 back. I think the Rollie mount version I have is maybe better..

Jacks F on a Contax body Sinar back via Hasselblad to Mamiya mount swap..

the Nocti is maybe even better...cerrtainly a LOT lighter -:)
Wow Peter ... love that last one a ton.

Marc

Graham Mitchell

It has been so dark and raining here for past 3 weeks that I haven't been able to take a single photo.

Out of frustration I decided to photograph the inside of my fridge today, to play with the 110mm :) Just opened the door and took one shot. WOrld's worst photo ever :) This is wide open.

T

tetsrfun

New (for me) 110 FE at Canyon Lands...haze from active fire.

Steve

Last edited:

PeterA

Victor - how did you guess this was a banker - because he was and a very senior one too. My father in law.

great shots peter. I love the lens, and have so much other stuff rarely get to use it.

BTW, self-portrait? (IBanker at rest!? :)

best regards
Victor

fotografz

It is a superb lens -- I can't really think of another lens that I would rather have -- it is really beautiful the way it draws, and the focal length is very versatile -- it is wide enough to provide the image context from the background, but not so wide as to distract from the main focus. And of course, the selective focus abilities are great, the lens speed is very fast, the viewfinder bright, it focuses closer than most medium format lenses...and it is not that big (at least in Hasselblad mount).

I use it all the time, but here are two shots from quite recently, I also posted them in the analog section.

This one is not a great expression, but it demonstrates the nice characteristics of the lens -- very smooth and lovely bokeh in both the foreground and background, as well as sharp focus at the focal point. Some vignetting, but not overwhelming. This was shot at f/2.

[/QUOTE]

I like the expression Stuart.

Nothing quite like the Zeiss 110/2 ... and it focuses pretty close ... then it's a bear to nail the critical focus ... however, adapted to a Nikon D3X allows live view with 10X mag for nailing it. :thumbup:

gogopix

Subscriber
Victor - how did you guess this was a banker - because he was and a very senior one too. My father in law.
ever been at the other end of a "NO"?

you get to know the look:ROTFL:

(actually, I have some pretty good bank relations-including a fellow I have been dealing with for over 30 years.)
Victor

woodyspedden

Peter,

Best Regards,
Son
Son

And the one I use for now adapted to the Nikon D3X was also yours. I believe that at one time or another you have owned all of the premier copies of these lenses. And no you cannot have mine back. Cold dead hands and all of that.

Woody

woodyspedden

New (for me) 110 FE at Canyon Lands...haze from active fire.

Steve
Really nice image. I just got back from an Eastern Sierra workshop and the issues of dealing with hiking at 9000 feet to get such images are huge.

Sorry that I copped out and had to get back closer to sea level to be able to "play."

Nontheless, the opportunities are endless if you have the stamina to pursue them.

God Bless

Damned, I hate to get old! sorry but i had to say that!!! Lol

Woody

T

tetsrfun

Really nice image. I just got back from an Eastern Sierra workshop and the issues of dealing with hiking at 9000 feet to get such images are huge.

Sorry that I copped out and had to get back closer to sea level to be able to "play."

Nontheless, the opportunities are endless if you have the stamina to pursue them.

God Bless

Damned, I hate to get old! sorry but i had to say that!!! Lol

Woody
Thankfully many of the "photo: areas in the South West, Utah, WY are car accessible, short hiking distances or are at about 6,000 feet. I went to the North Rim last year, ~9,000 feet, after lung surgery; the small amount of hiking that I did was a real eye opener for me. :>)

Steve