The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New leaf 22 back... 5.995 € only !!!

Aaron

So has anyone in Europe actually found the Aptus 22 for sale at € 5,995 ?

It seems a bit misleading for Leaf to clearly advertise €5,995. while in small print below it says "For local pricing, consult your Leaf dealer".

The actual price is closer to €7000 which is still a good price but a €1000 is a €1000.....................

And if you can find that Phase One 645 for that advertised €2000 then you are doing well.

T

TheTubbyPixel

So has anyone in Europe actually found the Aptus 22 for sale at € 5,995 ?

It seems a bit misleading for Leaf to clearly advertise €5,995. while in small print below it says "For local pricing, consult your Leaf dealer".

The actual price is closer to €7000 which is still a good price but a €1000 is a €1000.....................

And if you can find that Phase One 645 for that advertised €2000 then you are doing well.

Hi Aaron,
Sadly there is no Leaf dealer in Ireland at present, your nearest dealer would be Peartree in UK. The link to their website is:

http://www.peartreephoto.com/news.php

They are selling the Aptus Ii 5 at £5995 exc Vat and the PhaseOne AF body and 80mm digital lens for £2000 exc Vat if bought in conjunction with a back.
There is also an option to buy the DF body and Leaf Shutter 80mm lens instead for £3000 exc Vat, though delivery of the latter will not be to the end of this quarter.

Hope this helps.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,
Sadly there is no Leaf dealer in Ireland at present, your nearest dealer would be Peartree in UK. The link to their website is:

http://www.peartreephoto.com/news.php

They are selling the Aptus Ii 5 at £5995 exc Vat and the PhaseOne AF body and 80mm digital lens for £2000 exc Vat if bought in conjunction with a back.
There is also an option to buy the DF body and Leaf Shutter 80mm lens instead for £3000 exc Vat, though delivery of the latter will not be to the end of this quarter.

Hope this helps.
Thanks but thats Pounds not Euros.

I am just wondering why Leaf advertise on their site €5995 ? Where?
Peartree in the Uk are selling them at €7,630 inc tax at todays exchange rate.

Since Leaf have everyone talking about a MFD at €5,995, i am just wondering where i can get one?

D

Darius_Gelich

Since Leaf have everyone talking about a MFD at €5,995, i am just wondering where i can get one?
Hi Aaron,

The website quotes price exclusive of VAT as VAT rates differ considerably across the EU. Current rates in the UK is 15%.

Which would bring the price to £6,894.25 for a Aptus II 5 inc VAT.

If you are registered for VAT and have a valid VAT number, the company can ship free of VAT provided the goods are shipped outside the UK.

I don't know whether it is the same in Ireland, but VAT registered photographers can claim back all the VAT as capital expenditure in the UK.

Hope this information helps.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Conventions of including or not including tax in the listed price vary between countries and regions. You'll almost never see pricing with tax included in the US.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

I never liked the convention of including tax in the price as I think politically it allows the government to increase tax with less transparency on the final price. I like the unpleasant reminder at the checkout that my goods/services would be cheaper if not for the government - it makes me more motivated to hold my government accountable for what and how they spend.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

The website quotes price exclusive of VAT as VAT rates differ considerably across the EU. Current rates in the UK is 15%.

Which would bring the price to £6,894.25 for a Aptus II 5 inc VAT.

If you are registered for VAT and have a valid VAT number, the company can ship free of VAT provided the goods are shipped outside the UK.

I don't know whether it is the same in Ireland, but VAT registered photographers can claim back all the VAT as capital expenditure in the UK.

Hope this information helps.
Thanks for that Darius.

However, i am not really referring to the price being quoted ex. vat.

The price is listed on Leafs website as €5,995 not £5,995.
But no one appears to be selling this back for €5,995 so i just think its a little misleading.
Peartree for example, are selling it at €6,634 (ex, vat). which to be fair is still a good price but just not the advertised one by Leaf...maybe i am just a total penny pincher:D

D

Darius_Gelich

Thanks for that Darius.

However, i am not really referring to the price being quoted ex. vat.

The price is listed on Leafs website as €5,995 not £5,995.
But no one appears to be selling this back for €5,995 so i just think its a little misleading.
Peartree for example, are selling it at €6,634 (ex, vat). which to be fair is still a good price but just not the advertised one by Leaf...maybe i am just a total penny pincher:D
Hi Aaron
Whilst the price quoted is in Euros, we at Peartree buy in Euros and then sadly sell in pounds so prices are set at the exchange rate when we commit to buy. However I have spoken to one of my Directors and he has said he will honour for this week only 5995 Euros at an agreed exchange rate, and offer you the chance to buy the PhaseOne 645 AF and 80mm Digital lens for an additional 2000 Euros.. . .BARGAIN!.These prices exclude Vat and shipping.

tjv

Can't get much better service than that, surely?
I hope someone takes you up on your offer. Sadly, I'm poor so it won't be me!

Aaron

Hi Aaron
Whilst the price quoted is in Euros, we at Peartree buy in Euros and then sadly sell in pounds so prices are set at the exchange rate when we commit to buy. However I have spoken to one of my Directors and he has said he will honour for this week only 5995 Euros at an agreed exchange rate, and offer you the chance to buy the PhaseOne 645 AF and 80mm Digital lens for an additional 2000 Euros.. . .BARGAIN!.These prices exclude Vat and shipping.
Thanks for the offer Darius, its refreshing!
However i am holding out for the DF body & Leaf Shutter, i didn't realise its not actually available yet.
When does Peartree extect to have them available to the uk market?

D

Darius_Gelich

Thanks for the offer Darius, its refreshing!
However i am holding out for the DF body & Leaf Shutter, i didn't realise its not actually available yet.
When does Peartree extect to have them available to the uk market?
Hi Aaron,

The DF body and 80mm lens will be shipping before Christmas (this year!) The current offer is order any Leaf Aptus back before end October 2009 and Purchase the new PhaseOne DF body and 80mm LS lens for an additional 3000 Euros. List price is currently £4990.00 A deposit of 20% secures at current prices! We await your call.

D

David A

Hi Aaron,

The DF body and 80mm lens will be shipping before Christmas (this year!) The current offer is order any Leaf Aptus back before end October 2009
Hmmm it's already the 3rd of November so does the offer still stand?

David