The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sandisk 16GB 60MB/s CF card not Working on P30+!!

KETCH ROSSI

Hey guys,

just tested the new Sandisk 16GB CF cards with 60MB/s writing speed with my new P30+ system and purchased, and unfortunately they don't work, the P30+ won't even format the card it gives error.

Any one else have tried this CF cards?

Is there a specific reason why they don't work?

Not supported yet? Should I return it? Would an update to make them compatible be available soon?

Thanks,

Ketch Rossi

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
http://www.google.com/search?q=phase+one+supported+CF+cards

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1591&LanguageID=1

These newer generation of cards are not supported by your current firmware.

It's possible/likely 4.5.X firmware will be released for the P30+ (currently only released for the 65+/40+) but firmware updates are tested really really thoroughly before release, so it can often take a while and sometimes newer firmware is not compatible with older hardware.

Ketch: you bought from us for a reason. Just call me anytime you have a question (e.g. "I'm thinking of buying this card - will it work with my P30+" and I'll be happy to answer it.

I think Phase One should always support newer cards (giving them slack of course of many months to get that done); but separate from that argument - my personal suggestion is to use more cards of smaller capacity. I would REALLY hate to lose any CF card (damage, misplacing, stolen etc), but losing a full 16gb card would be really really bad compared to losing a full 2gb card.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

KETCH ROSSI

He he, you are right Doug, but I had purchase this card for the 1Ds III, so I assumed that it would have worked on the P30+ as well.

No problem I'll return it on Monday and get some 4GB or 8GB cards.

Also the reason I got he 16GB was because of Burst shooting modes used with the 1D III camera, in action scenes, were I had the need for as large and fast card as possible, but you are right I don't see the need for the P30+ and also felt safer with smaller cards.

Thanks again Doug

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
Doug
Does that mean the 16's WILL work with the P65+?
(Although actually, I found rotating through 4 8's a better method. With 2 cards a day, I could copy to a portable 500G USB drive and have always double backup;
I first copied to the x300 desktop (faster with SSD)
then copied to one ext drive in the eve
Then used the second pair the next day while the 2nd drive was copying

I had to do this since my x300 only had 20G space

I always had two copies. Then after having files on 2 drives, I could safely reformat the first pair on the third day.

Actually, became important since one day copying from one USB to the second somehow corrupted the two folders. No proble-I just went back to the CF drive and copied again.

Victor

PS Travel shoots are more predictable-about 300 a day, but I had a few spare 4GBs

KETCH ROSSI

I'm used to have larger cards, with both my Digital Cinema Cameras as well as the Canon 1D bodies, especially for Burst and AEB shooting, Buffer speed is imperative in this cams, and looked always for larger and faster cards to keep up.

Any way it those not matter any more :( as I unfortunately just listed the System up for sale: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11108

KETCH ROSSI

Huh? What happened?
Issues with a Partner, well actually happy to say EX_PARTNER as every time we had to get something is always the same :banghead:

This will also delay the reopening of the studio, but I'll look for Private funding this time around, no working partners, no decision makers, just Investors.

The problem now is that I have to go back to 35mm for few months :)

There is if the snatch up the system we just got :0