The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One P40+ Oregon Workshop Images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Morning folks Jack and I are on our way up Oregon but along the way we stopped and shot a little yesterday. I wanted to start a thread on just the P40+ on this trip since we really have not seen a lot of images from it since it is fairly new. So thought it deserved it's own space but the reality is this back is actually in my mind a bargain. For a 40 mpx back starting prices at least listed it is 19 k and if I remember correctly when the P45 + came out it was higher priced . Maybe Dave or CI crew can talk about that more but for me this is just one appealing factor besides it is a killer back with sensor + and a whole list of new features. Anyway just thought I would share some and will continue to use it on my way up. The P30+ is sitting patiently in my bag but I just want to shoot this. Having the P30+ for awhile now I really don't need to compare visually anymore I know what it does. Just want to see what I can draw from the P40+. I already know this is a killer back, maybe I just need to push my pocket over the edge. LOL

In a way i hate these workshops with CI and I only mean that I get to work with all these great backs and my pocket starts having heart spasms. But seriously for me it is the only way to get to know these backs and make sound buy decisions.

Anyway enough 4 am rambling

These are shot with the 28mm at some long exposures like 8 seconds or so. Have to look at the Exif

Guy Mancuso

Well almost did it handheld at 1/15 at F8 . Yea it's me but still a decent shot . The second one is wide open. Between wind , coffee shake I should have grabbed the tripod. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Try to get some nicer images today as we hit the coast. But what beautiful country up here. I never been up this way and I have seen most of the country but this is enjoyable for sure.

Guy Mancuso

Henry this is a sweet back, hate to even admit it. That is just trouble for me. LOL

Also I think Phase has fine tuned the profile more than the last time I shot this back. More images needed to be shot but so far I can see improvements from when it first hit the street. I admit I am cheating here as well I have C1 version 5 beta on board my computer. Big improvements to the program.

The one thing is I know buying new of the Phase backs this is actually maybe the best pricing on this back compared to the others. Not saying the others are bad but this seems to be the bargain back in price.

Henry Goh

Guy,
whatever you do, don't hand the back to the CI crew after the workshop. Just go home with it until they can arrange for your new unit to reach you. LOL

Hope you enjoy the workshop as much as the participants.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Henry , yea this thing just might be dangerous to my health. I can just picture seeing wife with bat in hand now with that evil look. LOL

Henry the bad news is this is BRAND new , I think Dave is already thinking ahead . He is on the plane with a big grin on his face i bet.

Clawery

Guy,
whatever you do, don't hand the back to the CI crew after the workshop. Just go home with it until they can arrange for your new unit to reach you. LOL

Hope you enjoy the workshop as much as the participants.
I like the way Henry thinks! I'm sure your wife won't mind a bit. :ROTFL:

Chris Lawery (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]

LJL

Perfect....Guy, just print up a small "P30+" sticker and place over the "P40+" label on the back...

:D
....and make sure you get to the CC bill BEFORE she does :ROTFL:

That failing, get some padding and just take the beating.....it will only hurt for a little while, and you can spend the recuperation time playing with all the great shots and planning more gigs. Let's call it a "hard win" when you bring that P40+ home :thumbup:

LJ

Dale Allyn

In my experience there is often not much of a beating, but rather an "equal time for the crime" sort of punishment. That makes a $19K back run just $38K... if caught.

Jewelers love when guys make this kind of blunder. Or in some households it may be the other way around if the photog is the wife... so the husband gets a fly-fishing trip to Argentina.

;)

Henry Goh

Guy,

It's not even $19K. This time around you have a P30+ to trade so it'll be more like $9k. small change like that won't show up on your CC bill as prominently

LJL

One with the 150mm ISO 50
I like this shot also. My only nit to pick is that the distant birds in the sky are blurred from their flying motion, and that looks just a tad distracting for what is otherwise a very nicely 3D detailed shot.

Keep up the shooting and sharing. Love seeing this stuff.

LJ

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Guy - this is really going to be very interesting on many fronts and lots of fun!