The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One P40+ Oregon Workshop Images

LJL

All shot at ISO 100 F11 with a 28mm
These shots with the 28mm are holding some nice color and saturation that is looking quite nice. Not sure what is in that new "soup" from C1 Pro 5, but it is doing a nice and tasty job here :thumbs:

LJ

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I like this shot also. My only nit to pick is that the distant birds in the sky are blurred from their flying motion, and that looks just a tad distracting for what is otherwise a very nicely 3D detailed shot.

Keep up the shooting and sharing. Love seeing this stuff.

LJ
Yea I noticed that too LJ. Luckily I have about 6 of those shots to pick from. This is a very nice back indeed . Has a load of detail in the files and the skies look much better now than they did before . The profile is certainly better now. I hear these are selling very very well . I can see why.

My Elinchrom Quadra pack shows up tomorrow so look forward to trying that with the attendees
Really nothing holding me back except money. I do notice a little diffraction though around F16 so need to be careful. Anyway beat up heading for a pillow. Have some nice sunset stuff to post maybe early in the morning.

When I get some winners this week I will use the gallery. These thumbnails make it easier for the Iphone

bensonga

All shot at ISO 100 F11 with a 28mm
Hi Guy. Loved these shots of the boats....do you remember where they were taken? I'll be on a 2 week trip thru WA, OR and Northern CA next summer....want to make a note of places to see/photograph.

Gary

Guy Mancuso

The Marine shots are in Chetco

Here are a couple more more for fun. Jack and I are really scouting these two days to find some nice spots for folks to shoot. Sunset here is just south of Gold Beach

Doing very little to these files BTW just want folks to see what this back can do without me being to artsy.

LJL

Tightrope or Gordian Knot? LOL.

So, you are not doing much, if any tweaking of files from this P40+ back? If that is the case, I have to say that things are really impressive. Nice depth of color and good transitions. The new profiles for it are turning out some very nice files. There seems to be a bit more richness to them. No other way I can describe it. Stuff is looking very nice.

LJ

KETCH ROSSI

Great shots Guy, thanks for sharing.

As if it was not in off that I'm trying hard to keep the P30+, now you want to stick in our heads the P40+ uh :)

Wish I was there with you guys, really could use a break from Vegas I tell you.

viablex1

The Marine shots are in Chetco

Here are a couple more more for fun. Jack and I are really scouting these two days to find some nice spots for folks to shoot. Sunset here is just south of Gold Beach

Doing very little to these files BTW just want folks to see what this back can do without me being to artsy.
damn that very last one really really cool, I have!! to take one of your workshops in 2010!!!

Guy Mancuso

More coming. Killing the wireless here at he hotel. I repeated some but want to show without hitting thumbnails. These are all in my gallery

Guy Mancuso

More coming later. Very nice back and files are extremely nice. Damn wanted not to like it but that is fruitless. LOL

woodyspedden

Yea I noticed that too LJ. Luckily I have about 6 of those shots to pick from. This is a very nice back indeed . Has a load of detail in the files and the skies look much better now than they did before . The profile is certainly better now. I hear these are selling very very well . I can see why.

My Elinchrom Quadra pack shows up tomorrow so look forward to trying that with the attendees
Really nothing holding me back except money. I do notice a little diffraction though around F16 so need to be careful. Anyway beat up heading for a pillow. Have some nice sunset stuff to post maybe early in the morning.

When I get some winners this week I will use the gallery. These thumbnails make it easier for the Iphone
Guy

I wonder if it might be better to shoot with Helicon Focus in mind rather than the older approach of shooting at apertures like F22 which is beyond the diffraction limit? I haven't personally done much with Helicon Focus yet but I saw some shots from Doug Peterson at our summer workshop that worked dramatically well. It would be great if someone with real skills could do a comparison between an f22 shot of a scene and then do a four or six shot Helicon focus based shot to see if the files are degraded in a noticeable way using this software.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Guy

I wonder if it might be better to shoot with Helicon Focus in mind rather than the older approach of shooting at apertures like F22 which is beyond the diffraction limit? I haven't personally done much with Helicon Focus yet but I saw some shots from Doug Peterson at our summer workshop that worked dramatically well. It would be great if someone with real skills could do a comparison between an f22 shot of a scene and then do a four or six shot Helicon focus based shot to see if the files are degraded in a noticeable way using this software.

Woody
Woody I like helicon focus a lot and it is a better way to go if all things fall into place like no movement going on. I will do one again this week and show you. We did this a couple times on the workshops and it really is a great tool to work with but yes getting to F16 can cause diffraction and as the pixel pitch gets smaller it becomes more of a issue as I noticed with the P40 with 6 micron and talked to Dave and Doug about that last night. Some shots like the early morning shots I got away with because not a lot of detail anyway but certainly ran into it with the trees. So care is needed