The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN WITH LEICA S2 IMAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Yes, I agree with Jono and Carsten.

No offense Peter Tomsu, but the whole photoforum community interested in the S2, by now get the (your) picture, and knows where you stand... :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm a fanboy too :p

On a side note, I'm happy to read David Farkas announcements.
1 His review should be up soon.
2 People can bring their cards to the Photoplus event.

This means we should be able to actually finally get to see/judge/discuss some images very, very soon.

Regards, Peter
Well,

if you are happy with that then I am perfectly fine!

I stopped long ago reading reviews of things which are not really available.

BTW - these discussions in this thread are pretty close to the level of LUF.

So I stop that now!

Good Luck ;)

carstenw

LOL! The finest pair of John Lobbs or Vass in which the craftsman has no doubt bled over all while stitching the welt and costing $2,000 does not even come close to approaching the machine made $30,000 digital back that no matter how many roses it photographs will never have a soul.
Which machine-made back would that be? They are all hand-assembled. I think even the 1Ds Mark III and D3x are made in special plants by workers trained more carefully. I think you misunderstand your world.

I want well made, but they are going to have to figure out another way to make a tool for a professional trade, not a trinket for a collector.
And the insults start again. Just because something is beautiful doesn't mean it isn't as good as something ugly. Or better.

jonoslack

Jono,

this is only your problem if you are outing yourself here :D

Stay calm, the S2 is not worth such silly fights :thumbs:
Peter
If you put your reply immediately below someone else's post, what are they supposed to think?
If you didn't mean to insult me, then you are suggesting that a general insult is somehow better?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter
If you put your reply immediately below someone else's post, what are they supposed to think?
If you didn't mean to insult me, then you are suggesting that a general insult is somehow better?

Jono,

I am very sorry, this is not the conversation and level I want to deal with.

As I am obviously not a problem child as you are who wants to fight and so I will stop this conversation with you.

Anyway good luck for all your future and projects.

jonoslack

Jono,

I am very sorry, this is not the conversation and level I want to deal with.
As I am obviously not a problem child as you are who wants to fight
Then you shouldn't have brought it to this level, after all, it wasn't me who started throwing around insults. . . and it isn't me who is continuing to do so.

Last edited:

carstenw

Carsten,

why do you feel to be on this level :confused:
I usually try to speak to people on their chosen level.

Anyway, the conclusion to be made from your comment was that you don't read the reviews for unreleased products. That naturally leaves me to wonder on the basis of what knowledge you make your comments, because you still do comment... I think that is a fair question.

Last edited:

Dale Allyn

Someone(s) needs to let this exchange go (or is it "these exchanges"?) and walk away... IMHO.

This is a great forum, but checking back to this thread and others like it, when the index shows "new posts", is such a disappointment when the posts are of the nature we're seeing here. Not directing this at any one person, just hoping that everyone would rather make photos, or discuss real camera gear issues.

I find it a bit perplexing in a forum such as this (not DPR, or LUF) that people have drawn teams. We're the users. We're all on one team. The manufactures and dealers are sort of on the other team, but ideally we should all work together to achieve a mutually beneficial goal. We need them and they need us. This recent climate is rather discomforting.

Cheers,

Dale

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You know Dale you hit the nail on the head and I have come real close to locking this thread. I see way too much narrow minded thinking here especially on a product that is still a ghost in many ways. Either this turns around or I will lock this thread. I am getting e-mails , PM's and several reports that not all seems to be as projected . So folks bottom line there are no hard facts so please stop thinking there is. Bottom line new product new issues until proven otherwise. Just like anything else it NEEDS to be a PROVEN product.

jonoslack

Someone(s) needs to let this exchange go (or is it "these exchanges"?) and walk away... IMHO.
HI Dale
I would normally agree with you, I'm an easygoing kind of a guy, but I object to being called names once, and then being called names again when I protest seems to be more than a soul SHOULD have to bear.

carstenw

I see this happening often when Leica products are involved. For some reason, people normally gentle as a lamb turn into fire-spewing monsters when Leica announces new products. It is like waving a red (dot) handkerchief in front of a bull (ignoring for the moment that they are colour-blind).

Dale Allyn

I understand, guys. I'm just hoping that it can be accepted that objections have been posted and noted by those of us reading. :)

In other news: Today I was walking Silom Road, here in Bangkok where it's the rainy season (which is why I have my 5D here), I was getting soaking wet. I like to shoot here in the rain, and while I was walking to the United Airlines ticket office, through street markets, along vender's carts, etc., I was thinking how cool it would be to have a weather sealed S2 along instead (okay, a weather-sealed M9 would make more sense for today's walk). As a guy who really likes medium format digital files, and who likes to shoot in marginal weather, I wish that other makers would provide weather sealing as have Leica on the S2.

:)

jonoslack

I understand, guys. I'm just hoping that it can be accepted that objections have been posted and noted by those of us reading. :)
Fair enough Dale
I would actually like to apologise for inflicting innocent bystanders with my grumpy responses :)

Dale Allyn

Teddy bears have their place, but we're moving on now. :) We're back to discussing real gear and real features, real user-benefits and all that good stuff.

Cheers.

S

Shelby Lewis

No worries guy's we are just better than fighting over this until we see more prove
Thanks Guy... I surely hop you guys continue to let "good will" be the mantra of choice here @ getdpi. There are other places one can go if vitriolic discourse is on the menu. There are people here I've never met personally (essentially everyone, lol) that I'd feel confident doing about anything for.

... and here we've all let Leica do this to us again :D

Shelby
(closet m9 "coveter")

Status
Not open for further replies.