The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

lenses for Phase one h25

P

pitgraf

Hi,,it's pitu, from Barcelona, spain.

i've a phase one h25 and i'm thinking in buy a linhof 679 cc. My dude is about the lenses. Is totally necessary shot with a digitar lens? My 80 and 150 mm haselblad V lenses have enough IQ for me. I know that digitar lenses have more ressolution and sharp focus ,but there are too expensives at the moment.

I would to know if any person is shoting large format camera and digital back with "normal " lenses, and the quality vs hassel lenses.

thansks a lot and sorry my poor english...:deadhorse:

P

pitgraf

I belive I 'm not explained so well....

I´m talking about large format lenses, not medium format lenses. Some photographers say that normal large format lenses are poor in ressolution L/mm compared to new large format digitar lenses.

I have an old scheneider kreuznach that has a poor contrast and resolution. I've proved with my canon 1ds Mark II atached in a Cambo.My canon lenses are cleary sharper But that lens have 30 years. I'm interested in to know if a standart large format build in 90's is enough good to shot with a digital back.

sorry , I know my english is bad..:(

The original Phase One test shots with the p45 were of fabrics with a Schneider 90mm f8 Super Angulon if I recall correctly.

I have shots with Nikkor large format lenses and both Rodenstock digital apo and Schneider digital lens. Yes, the digital lenses are sharper but the Nikkors are very usable.

P

pitgraf

well...in a few days Iwill have the linhof 679 CC in my studio.Without lens. I'll comment you about what type of lens will be the best and I hope I will do a little review of the camera.

Pito

P

photoshutter

Fujinon NW 105mm 5.6 has same sharpness or even better than Digitars.