The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How sharp is your normal lens for MF

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just going through some older shots in C1 and ran across this image and realized how darn good the 80D really is. No special sharpening except my base pre sharpening 1 but for a standard lens this is damn good . Shot at ISO 100 1/4 of a second at F11. No hurry to change to the LS lens for this focal length. I think the 55 and 110 LS would serve me better than the 80mm with the leaf shutter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Guy,

Mine is sharper than yours! :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Actually, all joking aside, most of my newest Phase/Mamiya glass is *really* excellent.

Here is a 100% crop from the 45 AF-D, full image then crop:

Here is a full and crop from my worst lens, the Phase 28:

Geoff

100% crop of a street scene, Schneider 60 mm, 200 ISO, dp20.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
here is a scene I did a while ago, handheld 2.0 to 5.6, I cropped the lower center where the focus was (not much at 2.0 at this distance, maybe 1/4 inch.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
it is Contax 80mm on a P65+ so a lot larger than others at 100%

Regards
Victor

Last edited:

thomas

Found a capture with the Contax 2/80 on P45 shot wide open.
Boring image (one of the scenes I shoot when I adjust my split image screen) however it shows what the lens is capable of. Given the distance (~5meters) and f2.0 I find that quite remarkable. Of course it's getting better at f2.8 ...

Professional

OK, i found a converted file [DNG] of that shot, after i opened and checked i found that it is f11 as i said, just to make it sure, thanks!