The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase one 80mm lens

felix5616

Is the phase one labeled 80mm lens the same as the new mamiya 80mm D lens? Do they produce the same results in terms of image sharpness at all f stops?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I think you'll find they're very close if not identical, however there are going to be variations between individual copies, so the only real way to know if you get a good one is to test it. Also may be firmware differences between Phase and Mamiya versions and what these do is anybody's guess. I also noted in the latest build of C1, they list different lens correction profiles for some of the same Phase and Mamiya lenses, which is curious...

Steve Hendrix

Is the phase one labeled 80mm lens the same as the new mamiya 80mm D lens? Do they produce the same results in terms of image sharpness at all f stops?

Also, in the USA, the Phase One branded D lenses (not the LS lenses) have 3 years warranty standard, the Mamiya versions have 1 year warranty standard.

Steve Hendrix

Henry Goh

On the LS 80mm, they have made the manual focusing ring less loose so you'll have a better feel of manual focus unlike the current Phaseone 80mm but those LS lenses are very pricey.

Christopher

As far as I know the difference is just in variation. The lenses are the same, but phase tests them before shipping. So I my guess is that the chance of getting a bad copy from phase is not as high as from Mam.