The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 released

PeterA

I will await confirmation of success before upgrading the firmware. The Hy6 needs a few tweaks I suspect to deliver on its promise. I think I shall send it back now that Sinar are servicing the camera body and get a few things checked out.

David K

Workshop Member
Peter, be careful about upgrading the firmware as it's not something that's easily undone. When I upgraded my Hy6 firmware the hot shoe stopped working. I then reinstalled the older firmware but this did not cure the problem. The folks at Sinar Bron (now Bron Imaging Group) sent me a body with the older firmware and suggested I upgrade it and see if I had the same problem. I did and wound up having to send both bodies back. They then shipped me another non-upgraded body which works fine and is what I'm using today. If you do send your body to Sinar and ask them to upgrade the firmware I'd urge you to have them test the hot shoe before returning it. This may not be something they ordinarily do in the course of service. I haven't come across any posts from other users about this issue but since it happened to me on two separate bodies I thought it worthwhile to raise the issue.