The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad HC lens shutter life?

PoloDigital

I'm looking at purchasing a used HC lens that has around 14K actuations on the clock. Is that considered high? I've done several searches and can't seem to come upon any data citing the life expectancy of the leaf shutter in these lenses. Does anyone have a reference? The Hasselblad website has very little data on the lenses.

Nick-T

I'm looking at purchasing a used HC lens that has around 14K actuations on the clock. Is that considered high? I've done several searches and can't seem to come upon any data citing the life expectancy of the leaf shutter in these lenses. Does anyone have a reference? The Hasselblad website has very little data on the lenses.
That's pretty low shutter life is more like one or two hundred thousand. Shutter life will depend on shutter speeds used, a shutter firing at 1/800th all day long will certainly wear out faster than one firing at 1/125th.

HTH
Nick-T

PoloDigital

Thanks Nick. I was thinking that it would be higher than the average SLR style body shutter, but I was looking for another opinion. It's a great deal and I think I'm going to grab it quickly.