The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whats the new MF camera?

PeterA

I hear you -- but the fact the Sinar has no M mount has me looking very seriously at the new Arca M-Line 2 for digital -- coupled with a Rotaslide, I think that's my baby.
Jack - I would wait for Sinar ( the new sensible company ex Jenoptic) to deliver Phase M mount version before making final decision - the whole system is the least clunky device one can buy - you know all the compromises we have to make with any tech camera solution - artec delivers better than anyone else. My system dream is the artec with 23/40 and 90 in HR from Rodenstock for landscape and still life.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack - I would wait for Sinar ( the new sensible company ex Jenoptic) to deliver Phase M mount version before making final decision - the whole system is the least clunky device one can buy - you know all the compromises we have to make with any tech camera solution - artec delivers better than anyone else. My system dream is the artec with 23/40 and 90 in HR from Rodenstock for landscape and still life.

LOL -- my trio of lenses is the 23, 40 and 70 HR to start, then maybe the regular 105 after that. The other camera option is the Arca RM3D with Rotaslide. I'm sick of waiting on all of them, but at least the M-line 2 is available now... Don't get me wrong, I agree the Sinar is an impressive solution -- just tired of the whole exclude Mamiya mount from the original marketing decision...

Dale Allyn

This always seemed to me to be the logical way to sell a ton (relatively speaking) arTecs, i.e. provide a Mamiya mount, or at least contribute to the path. As Peter suggests, it's now even more logical for Sinar to offer the arTec in as many mounts as possible.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Oh the lenses, the LENSES! OMG they will be just fabulous!
That is if they have any

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
oh and the othe piece of kit I am waiting on - is that vapourware from Leica - the M9.
Well, you are in a better position that I am sitting here on a small mountain of R lenses still waiting for an R10 from Leica!

Guy doesn't need any more gear announcements, he can hardly sleep as it is. :eek:

New camera - from Alpa an XYZ :thumbup:

PeterA

Jack we are reading from same page - I am 'over' all the MFD shenanigans - good to see you have are buyng teh big boy Phase One - my (early) New years resolution is to rationalise my whole MF kit set down to - one ( gasp ).

No longer in good faith supporter of Hasselblad' sneaky forced upgrade if you want the latest tech every 18 months - frst the price discount that killed me - and now a new better body / autofocus system - but your lousy H3D11-39 back is now old and you need a new back to be able to upgrade a body...blah blah blah ..I am so over this silliness - tired ( not grumpy anymore) because I actually dont care anymore....

think you can organise me a good deal? -:)

David K

Workshop Member
Well about a year ago I sold all my camera gear and invested heavily in gold... on margin no less. Then I woke up :)

Graham Mitchell

I'm not saying that it's Seitz, but people always forget this amazing little company. If I were a landscape shooter, I'd be having a very close look at these cameras. 160MP panos? Lovely.

S

Shelby Lewis

Whatever it is, I'd bet it'll be out of my price range, lol. Someone over at lula had mentioned the Bessa III... hmmmm

S

Shelby Lewis

I'll put my money on Pentax.
MR already publicly said no on Pentax (bummer). He always loved the pentax bodies, so maybe he's just evading us. Pentax had some killer MF glass. I'd LOVE to see them come through.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If it's not the Pentax, which is apparently getting closer to launch:

... my guess is Fuji. It's a long shot, but they are still manufacturing film MF. Since they are apparently not allowed to sell the digital versions of the Hasselblad under their own label, and since they seem to be out of DSLR, they need something else to stay in the pro market.

I'm probably wrong, but it would be interesting, wouldn't it?

S

Shelby Lewis

But MR also said "no" when RED was brought up...

... I'm bumfoozled at this point.