The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whats the new MF camera?

markowich

Well, you are in a better position that I am sitting here on a small mountain of R lenses still waiting for an R10 from Leica!

Guy doesn't need any more gear announcements, he can hardly sleep as it is. :eek:

New camera - from Alpa an XYZ :thumbup:
i am selling an XY from alpa, drop me an email if interested.
peter

Aaron

I'm not saying that it's Seitz, but people always forget this amazing little company. If I were a landscape shooter, I'd be having a very close look at these cameras. 160MP panos? Lovely.
+1 for Seitz, Can't imagine what else is going to "knock your socks off", certainly not the Hartblei.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I am curious why you went for the P65+? It was a good deal, as you said, but it has no long exposure times, and I thought that you were using that regularly?
LOL He wrote it all out in a e-mail to me and made perfect sense. My reply was could you send this to my wife to justify my next purchase.
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Reality is the upgrade paths Phase just announced to the P65 from the P45 is quite good. Yes i did encourage it regardless of the size of the sensor which reality is not that important in this upgrade but better with a tech camera on several levels , no wake up cable and less LCC corrections needed on the Dalsa sensor. He picks up at least a full stop in ISO at full res. plus the sensor + which is actually quite handy. 1/6000 flash sync. Newer firmware on the back with some nice features and takes newer CF cards. The list goes on and actually made a lot of sense . Besides keeping the value of his system going which is a big plus.

Christopher

Well the P65 does some very nice exposures up to around 40 seconds. So I would guess it is enough for most things. If I needed something longer for a specific thing I would just go and rent a P45 for that time period.

When it comes to Seitz, I really like the idea, but what I have seen so far is that per pixel level is not that great. So I would even risk saying that two stitched P65 frames are already a lot superior. However this is just based on crops I have seen so far. No real life test.

markowich

Maybe this one?

yes, yaya is right. my little birds tell me that MR is testing the Hartblei CAM. and it seems that he has extremely knowledgable support staff for the test---))))
this for a change is interesting.
peter

markowich

yes, yaya is right. my little birds tell me that MR is testing the Hartblei CAM. and it seems that he has extremely knowledgable support staff for the test---))))
this for a change is interesting.
peter
confirmed. very interesting!
peter

S

Shelby Lewis

Gentlemen - check out the Hartblei site - worth the effort...

http://www.hartblei.eu/en/hartbleicam1.htm
What's the US $$$ for the hartblei cam. I've really found the concept compelling from the get-go... but @ 5K Euro (currently $7500 USD), it might prove to be a bit less of a bargain than it's advertised to be if the us price is just the euro price at current exchange rate.

The blue (sealed?) soft touch buttons crack me up (visually).

BUT.... it (possibly) solves a lot of problems for some photographer.... and all in a single package. Cool.

gogopix

Subscriber
I am looking at the Hartblei supposed to have ALL mounts, back and lens (incl Leica R)
also 1/8000 electronic shutter
not sure will synch with the Phase though
the truewde is fine, but R lenses vignette (duh!)

Victor

PS The BIG issue is stability
Notice I nhave virtually an 'optical bench' with RRS 28" long camera bar

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
I hope you have Leica glass in your window ;)
well, if the light rays can get through the lens cap, I don't sweat the window glass!:ROTFL:

Actually, WIND is another issue, (and we are appraoching winter here!)
so window stays closed till something is in field.

I haven't tested, but in general with 800mm lens not likely to get much degradation from 1/8'' glass
the DIRT is another story (this is our 4th fl attic; my prowling grounds.) :D

Victor

Steve Hendrix

Peter. That is a very interesting idea and design. If it really works as advertised --- quite brilliant.
At first, I dismissed the HartCam - it just seemed clunky, ugly, expensive, and you could shoot a digital back with Hassy V lenses. Oh what fun. But then I realized many of the 35mm lenses, apparently including the 17mm Canon T/S, as well as the Superrotators, have large enough image circles to work with many digital backs. That changes things, and provides some additional options, especially for landscape, architectural shooters. I'd like to see it about $3,000 less expensive, but....

Steve Hendrix