The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Whats the new MF camera?

Geoff

An answer to .... a question I'm not sure has been asked. But maybe that's my lack of imagination. But for that kind of money, all in, I'd rather be with an Alpa.

Christopher

Well, but you won't get far with your alpa. I won't argue, that an alpa or similiar would be abetter choice when it comes to max. IQ, BUT well a alpa max system with a few lenses goes quickly above 15k. Especially if you want some wides ^^

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug,

Sorry if I had offend you by asking this question within this thread. I am not a professional who makes his living from photography, so I have to make the best of what I have on hand. I was given one of these scanner, so I was asking Yair for some advice. Nothing more. I will limit my questions privately
I was kidding only Evan. Nothing but best wishes to you!

fotografz

Well, but you won't get far with your alpa. I won't argue, that an alpa or similiar would be a better choice when it comes to max. IQ, BUT well a alpa max system with a few lenses goes quickly above 15k. Especially if you want some wides ^^
Unless you buy used gear.

But yeah, using existing super wide T/S lenses in your bag has some appeal ... IF you have them in your bag already :eek:

I was always intrigued by the Sinar M camera ... which seems the closest thing to a "do it all" piece of kit I can think of ... takes Nikon (I assume the T/S also?) ... and Hassey/Zeiss V lenses as well as AF Zeiss lenses, or connects to a Sinar view camera using view camera lenses. EVEN BIGGER $$$$.

http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/cameras/134-sinar-m

Christopher

Yes I agree, but such wide lenses are not found used that often. The only lens that actual is out there right now is the 23 from Rodenstock, everything else does not cover the P65.

I think once again the problem of the hartblei thing will be the same as their 35 lenses. Great quality, works nice, but the price is just to high.

Evanjoe610

Doug I know, but how true it is. I have been watching how the publication houses dictate to thew photographers what they will accept, how much they will pay, and what to use. Its all about relationship and the need to control cost.
I envy everyone here as they have moved into the digital world of capture. I'm left in the dark,due to my intense interest in it, but since it doesn't generate any main stable of income for me as I 'm not a pro photographer but work in a commercial digital shop, one could only dream! The only good side to it is the beta testing whenever possible.

Stuart Richardson

edit: I had a long criticism about this cam, and rereading the article I can now understand why it is something different than before. I still can't really see why it is that interesting though. I don't think I can name a single photo I have found interesting that was made on lenses wider than 14 or 15mm....all the interesting bits get lost in the extreme perspective distortion. Anyway, I just don't really "get" this camera as a photographic tool...it seems to me that it is more a technical solution to a problem no one had.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
for Leica R lovers, LOTS of value
hell, with my Truewide I have a 40MP R camera limited to 1/125

it preserves the values of my $25k plus (well, not ANYMORE! :ROTFL:) lEICA r mODULAR

well worth it if the image circle works. As it is, my $3k investment in the TW from Kapture group is my main birding camera-otherwise had to go canon slr or stick with DMR (I will use that on the small Modular gear

So I get two systems and lots of flexibility

Victor

P

plupcoutrielo

Whats the new MF camera

I dont know if this question has been answered before but whats the best Lomo camera for a Lomo newbie such as myself to try?

Next, where to buy it in Manila or in HK?

Thanks and Happy New Year