The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H3D Handling and System Impressions

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Folks,

thanks to all your great feedback! Makes me enjoy my wonderful tool even more ;)

Marc, I already ran into the battery issue and had to reset one - my dealer guided me how to do that, actually simple but you have to know. Now one of my batteries which was showing almost empty is 100% again and works already for MANY shots :D

I am still investigating what the proper shutter delay for my work is, but yes, it looks to me that this camera allows pretty long shutter times handheld. But this was always kind of a strength of mine with 35mm, I had only the fear that with MF this would be gone. But it works still properly.

The handstrap is a great thing, especially when combined with the fast mount for tripods for the H series. My dealer will do some magic adaptation for this in order to be useable also for long lenses in portrait shooting without having the whole equipment moving slowly down because of the lens weight - well again simple, a second screw in a second plate will do.

LJL

Peter,
A belated congratulations to you on your new Hasselblad system. I really hope you enjoy using it. Your enthusiasm is high, and that is always good. When you started this research and deliberation many, many months ago, I kept thinking you would land with Hasselblad, and now you have. All of the options are very good, and now you can get down to using and enjoying the new kit. Best wishes.

LJ

PSon

Peter, Congratulation on the final decision and now you get to take photo. I am too just got the H2 camera and using it with the Sinar eMotion 75LV. I may also keep the H2 camera even after getting the H4D system so I can still use it with the eMotion 75LV since I am keeping this back to use with my Hy6 and Rollei lens.
Best Regards,
Son

LJL

How big are your hands, man??!! ;-)

I thought Guy was taking about the "hand strap", not the neck strap. Please tell us that PhaseOne strap is a neck strap, or if not, how does it work as a hand strap with the camera.

LJ

BlasR

How big are your hands, man??!! ;-)

I thought Guy was taking about the "hand strap", not the neck strap. Please tell us that PhaseOne strap is a neck strap, or if not, how does it work as a hand strap with the camera.

LJ
Ops :deadhorse::scry::scry::cry::eek:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's a hand strap but neck straps are certainly handy after you write the checks for these systems. They give the straps to your spouse so they can hang your *** in the middle of the night and resell it for more shoes and purses. The man giveth and the wife take it away. Ah man am i get going to get so much heat for that one. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter,
A belated congratulations to you on your new Hasselblad system. I really hope you enjoy using it. Your enthusiasm is high, and that is always good. When you started this research and deliberation many, many months ago, I kept thinking you would land with Hasselblad, and now you have. All of the options are very good, and now you can get down to using and enjoying the new kit. Best wishes.

LJ
Thanks LJ!

You are right, my enthusiasm is pretty high (no wonder after finally getting on the train) but I am convinced I will be satisfied, there should be no surprises after so long investigations. Now I have already played with the system a bit I am even more convinced it fits my needs and expectations.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Peter, Congratulation on the final decision and now you get to take photo. I am too just got the H2 camera and using it with the Sinar eMotion 75LV. I may also keep the H2 camera even after getting the H4D system so I can still use it with the eMotion 75LV since I am keeping this back to use with my Hy6 and Rollei lens.
Best Regards,
Son
Thanks Son!

Great system this is! And the option to have a H4D in the future (near future) makes it even more attractive. I heard a bit of background about the H4D and how it was developed and who did that and this makes me even more interested. This will be a milestone in photography - even more in MF photography.

Enjoy your 75LV and Rollei lenses, this must be a super combination. I was using Rollei lenses on a 6006 for long time and I ALWAYS had perfect results - loved this glass ;)

olaf

I know Jack and I both use the Hassy strap on our Phase bodies. Very nice indeed
Hi Guy and Jack
I know you guys are preparing for the big shoot coming up but when you have a moment could you let me know about which Hassy hand strap you are using? There seem to be two...

1. B&H show one integrated into a mounting plate.
2. Dealers here in the UK show 'Hasselblad wrist strap H', a simple leather strap which presumably attaches to the top and bottom lugs on the right hand side.

Anything which makes my Phase camera easier to carry would be really welcome!

Thanks

Olaf

www.olafwilloughby.com

Hmmm very strange we have this one but not with the Hassy plate and we only paid like 45 dollars for it but this is the design. They must have added the plate and not sure you can remove it either.:wtf:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/608682-REG/Hasselblad_3045154_Wrist_Strap_with_H.html

Might have to find some old stock somewhere
The idea is Guy, so that you can keep the strap on and use the H quick release plate. It was hard to do with the existing one!

olaf

Here I found one better grab it

http://www.h1photo.com/53623.html
Thanks so much for your quick response. I tried to grab it but gave up when I saw that the shipping to the UK would be $74.95 on a $40 item!
At least I know now what I'm looking for. It's not part of their current product range so I'll check some good second hand places over here.
BTW, it attaches to the strap lug at the top but what does it attach to at the base?

Thx for your help.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
For that I use the L bracket from Really Right Stuff which is the same as the Phase one is.
I know the folks at CI do sell that bracket as well.

fotografz

Hmmm very strange we have this one but not with the Hassy plate and we only paid like 45 dollars for it but this is the design. They must have added the plate and not sure you can remove it either.:wtf:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/608682-REG/Hasselblad_3045154_Wrist_Strap_with_H.html

Might have to find some old stock somewhere
Guy, this strap/plate solves an issue with use on the H camera that required their doo-dad to attach the strap at the base of the camera which covered the integrated tripod mount ... speaking of :wtf:

For an H camera this is a good thing ... but not good for use of the H strap on other cameras unless you use the H QR on a tripod.

Anyone in need of the previous one without the plate PM me, I have two to sell ... which I will be replacing with this solution.

Thanks,

Marc