The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Live View for the P40+ and P65+ Available

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Firmware version 4.8 (download) is available for the P40+ and P65+. This enables Live View when used with Capture One 5.0.1 (technically also 5.0.0, but we recommend 5.0.1). I've downloaded and tested it with our P65+ and can recommend it.

Bare in mind that no medium format back has Live View on the Back's LCD - this is only when shooting tethered, and the quality/responsiveness/situations-in-which-it-works is not the same as the Live View from Canon/Nikon. However, with those caveats, I can say that the P65+ Live View looks very good compared to the other P+ backs I've used Live View with (P25+ and P45+). For tabletop shooters, still-life shooters, food, and in some situations interior shooters (situations in which the amount of continuous light is under your control) this Live View is a welcome way to see changes in composition, subject placement, and focus, in near-real-time (about 1 second delay in my findings) on a very large monitor (I was doing it on my Eizo 30" - smaller screens will refresh faster, but show less pixels when zoomed to 100%).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
They should have a live-view binning actual capture non-binning mode if they don't already.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, this new firmware combines the Binned ISO and the regular ISO all under the ISO menu. IOW you no longer need to go into the capture menu to first select Sensor Plus -- the new ISO's are marked, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 200+, 400+, 800+, 1600+, 3200+

Don Libby

FWIW, this new firmware combines the Binned ISO and the regular ISO all under the ISO menu. IOW you no longer need to go into the capture menu to first select Sensor Plus -- the new ISO's are marked, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 200+, 400+, 800+, 1600+, 3200+
KOOL! Making it harder and harder on me resisting!

kdphotography

Now that is a cool tid-bit....

:)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just updated the P40+ demo back ,it was a breeze to do and very cool feature. Also the RRS L bracket fits perfect on the DF body. If you have not ordered the upgraded DF body than I STRONGLY suggest it. The P40 is flying on it, focus is pretty deadly and I can't even feel the shutter lag anymore. Check this out tethering with the P40+ back in sensor plus mode is 1 second if not less to fast laptop. Okay I have a rocket for a laptop with a Crucial SSD drive but I can see it come up almost before I lift my finger off the shutter.