The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

L bracket for New 645DF body

Paul2660

I have a question for Guy, Jack or anyone else who has tried the new body.
Did you happen to try the current RRS L bracket or the Kirk bracket on the new Df body? Is the mount hole the same? or has it moved. The Kirk adapter has the two small pins that have to line up also.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Paul I have the demo DF coming Tuesday for our tests with the S2 and will be using my L bracket on it. From all reports it uses the same bracket but will confirm

I have the RRS one

Guy Mancuso

Paul just FYI starting tuesday for the week. Between Jack and I we will have 1 DF body, 2 AFDIII bodies. P30, P40 and P65 Plus backs . 28m, 45mm, 80mm, 150mm D lenses a 200mm 2.8 Apo manual focus and Jack is bring his 70-150mm I believe so if you need us to check something we can do that.

Henry Goh

From what I have read and seen, the DF uses the same L bracket. I'm trading in my 645AF and keeping the bracket for my DF.

Paul2660

Thanks for the info. I have it on order but am way down on the list.

You guys get all the neat stuff I am going to have to come out to
one of the workshops in 2010.

Paul

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Chatting with Michael Reichmann (who has used a DF extensively) the other day and he confirmed the RRS bracket will fit. He also mentioned that Phase One ships a custom made RRS bracket (a bit smaller) with the full kit - i.e. if you buy the DF, lens and new back as a value added package.

As I'm trading my P45+ for the new kit, I hope I'll soon speak from my own experience! It may be a very happy Xmas.....

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Okay the DF body is here in my hands and I installed the RRS original L bracket and fits like a charm. The DF body rocks and Jack and I will give a mini review on it after we get done with all this testing. But immediately I can feel no shutter lag or not noticeable by any gapping margin , it's tight and the AF is very fast also. Still have to play a lot more before I send it back but just those two things made the difference to me and the grip fits me better. It's slight but I feel it

KETCH ROSSI

Would I have know this I would have kept the AF L bracket, but since I first look at the size difference, even if minimum I tough it wouldn't fit, so I practically give it away.

Well I guess makes little difference any way since I'm trying to sale my AF/DF upgrade any way, but I might just possibly end up with the DF body and a Leaf DB, so I'll have to buy the L bracket again :)

Btw thanks Guy for your toughs on the DF body, all I continue to hear are nothing but great things about it, so hopefully things change a bit financially were I'll be able to do the upgrade my self instead of selling it, and get to shoot MF after all.

Guy Mancuso

Ketch I would almost say keep it and when you finally do go for either the Leaf or Phase back than you are all set. You will want this body. I only been playing with it for a hour and no question glad I upgraded.

Guy Mancuso

Guy, I am sure that the P40+ will also fit you slightly better ;)
Yes it does and I need a tax break this year so if I can afford it will do that. The S2 is just not ready this year obviously so after testing it this week we will have to see if that is the direction to go later on when all the lenses are out and if it makes sense. I am ruling nothing out and keeping a very open mind. But one thing is certain I will stay in MF land for sure. I finally found the speed in all area's I am looking for and either the P40+ or S2 will do that now. This is all good stuff for the MF market and users. Jack and I are really excited to do this review and I pick up the S2 later on today so all these fun toys to play with is making me feel like a kid in a candy store. To bad it has to all go back. LOL At least for now.

KETCH ROSSI

Ketch I would almost say keep it and when you finally do go for either the Leaf or Phase back than you are all set. You will want this body. I only been playing with it for a hour and no question glad I upgraded.
Will see how things go, but I thank you for your advise and I'll try to make good on it, especially since I'm preparing to start shooting for my first gallery, I just don't think that the 1D IV will give me in off file size for large prints.