The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Alpa 12 degree Tilt and Swing adapter.

• Thread starter Optechs Digital
  • Start date
O

Optechs Digital

We just received our first shipment of the brand new Alpa 12 degree T/S adapter. Here are a couple of pictures. It is identical to its predecessor the 6 degree T/S adapter but has the twice the range.

I think this adapter will nicely meet the needs for Scheimpflug (increasing depth of field) as well as for selective focus (decreasing depth of field).

As before, this adapter is designed for use with Alpa short barrel lenses of 80mm or longer. Or, can be used with any other Alpa lens but acts as an extension tube.

Beautifully designed and built, and I think very exciting.

Best Regards,
Paul
View attachment 25561
View attachment 25562

thomas

Re: The Alpa 12 degree Tilt & Shift adapter.

We just received our first shipment of the brand new Alpa 12 degree T/S adapter.
Unfortunately it's a bit limited regarding the focal length (it doesn't work with wide angles, is that correct? ... oh, yes, sorry, I overlooked the 80mm).
But I have to admit - though I use a Cambo - that I carefully notice what Alpa is offering and upgrading because the quality of the pieces is soooo great.
Then again the Cambo WRS offers more options.
Then again the arTec would actually be my camera due to the sliding back and the groundglass and the loupe. Then again the arTec is closed for Rodenstock lenses.
I'm confused :))

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

But I have to admit - though I use a Cambo -
I'm confused :))

Confused but have the presence of mind to denigrate a solution that does not apply to you?:deadhorse:

Lets get real .... Cambo pieces have a specific orientation to Cambo users as Alpa pieces relate to Alpa users. One is not superior to the other. We both can play Kick Can...you with your Wingtips and me with my flip-flops.

So why even bring it up? 12 degree works with 80 and longer on a short barrel adapter that is 34 mm shorter than the normal adapter in order to reach infinity focus...all lenses shorter than 80 do not have an adapter that can be shortened by 34 mm (the absolute length of the 12 degree adapter) and reach infinity focus thus referred to as extension tube for macro and not infinity focus.

It seems that all the manufacturers are attempting to provide us with suitable equipment and solutions to the 5% problems...it really doesn't matter a bit if Factory X makes twice the equipment that Factory Y makes if I can only use carry or pay for 5% of the same. Maybe we would all be better served if we learned how to extract 95% of the quality available from the equipment we have and can afford rather than equivocate over the rarified 5%.

I guess the question today seems to me to be...how many angels can dance on the head of a pin and just how am I going to get them all in a decent plane of focus?:ROTFL:

Paul, thanks for the heads up...seems like an improvement over the 6% degree for those with Max or XY doubt that my TC will bond well with it but I may call you in the future!:thumbup:

Bob

S

smei_ch

34mm extension (without short barrel lenses) and 12 degrees tilt seem very useable for tabletop work. ;)

O

Optechs Digital

Paul, thanks for the heads up...seems like an improvement over the 6% degree for those with Max or XY doubt that my TC will bond well with it but I may call you in the future!:thumbup:

Bob
Hi Bob,

Both the 6 degree and 12 degree will work very well with a TC body all you need is the Alpa Universal Attachment Device. Part #400.090.012.

This part provides proper spacing so that the body can mate to the TC and allow the full range of movement.

Best,
Paul

By the way, can someone explain how to edit the title of this thread. It should say Tilt and Swing not Tilt and Shift. (Pretty important detail I think).

Thanks,
Paul