The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.0 Released

Stuart Richardson

Thanks very much. Sometimes it just feels like I am howling at the moon, but I know that there are people at Hasselblad who genuinely want to know what their customers want. I use a 203FE and think it is one of the best cameras ever made, I thought the 646 was a great scanner, and I just purchased a new X5 from the local dealer here -- it is amazing. I also use and love my X-pan. I would love a CFV, but just can't swing it right now, largely because of the scanner purchase. It is such an amazing scanner (I timed a 6x7 3F scan at 1:43 seconds -- for 500+mb), but it feels like it could be so much better with a more modern scan software.

I do really appreciate that you guys are here to help answer questions and to listen to the customers. I hope I did not come off as rude, and I really do appreciate the forthright answer. Hopefully enough of us scanner users will come forward to push for new or more fully updated software!

Thanks very much. Sometimes it just feels like I am howling at the moon, but I know that there are people at Hasselblad who genuinely want to know what their customers want. I use a 203FE and think it is one of the best cameras ever made, I thought the 646 was a great scanner, and I just purchased a new X5 from the local dealer here -- it is amazing. I also use and love my X-pan. I would love a CFV, but just can't swing it right now, largely because of the scanner purchase. It is such an amazing scanner (I timed a 6x7 3F scan at 1:43 seconds -- for 500+mb), but it feels like it could be so much better with a more modern scan software.

I do really appreciate that you guys are here to help answer questions and to listen to the customers. I hope I did not come off as rude, and I really do appreciate the forthright answer. Hopefully enough of us scanner users will come forward to push for new or more fully updated software!
The 203FE was my camera of choice for many years in my film days. Surely some of you remember those days. It was an amazing camera, along with the 205.

"but I know that there are people at Hasselblad who genuinely want to know what their customers want." Absolutely, all the feedback that I receive I forward to corporate. The great majority of features that have been included in Phocus 2.0 has been from direct feedback from our customers (Photographers, digital tech's and dealers).

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Paul,

I want you to know that I appreciate the attention you pay to us here on the forum very much. I also appreciate it very much that Hasselblad does offer a highly sophisticated capture solution like Phocus for its customers without charging any money for it.
I just want to second Stuart´s wish for an support of the Flextights´ FFF-files in Phocus.
Just to show that there is some demand among the customers...

Best regards, Benjamin

neil

Paul,

Thanks for the post of the images using the 503CW/CFV39/30mm CFi combination. Very nice. I have been trying the same combination and am very pleased with the results. The CFI 30mm had been sitting on the shelf for years and this has given it a new lease of life.

I wondered why Hasselblad did not release a DAC for the 38mm SWC camera lens ? Is this because the manual says its not recommended for critical use ?

Have been trying out the other DACs for each of the lens and again very pleased with the results. Especially pleased that Hasselblad even produced DACS for the 200 series camera lens. It is still the camera I enjoy using the most.

Regards

Neil