The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hartblei 45 Super-Rotator in Mamiya 645 mount: bad news

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks for clearing things up Stefan.

Just a thought but if there were MF versions of those Zeiss optics in Mamiya & Hassy mount I'm sure that you'd have a queue of folks lined up for them, including me.

Btw, do all the Zeiss T/S lenses provide full coverage on the HCAM with say a 33x44mm back? Hmm ... That makes me think bad expensive thoughts ...

Stefan Steib

Graham
yes the 4/40mmIF and the 2,8/80mm do work fully with all backs-all sizes even with some movements ! I have posted a link here some time ago with a pic shot with our 80mm on the HCam with an Leaf Aptus II 12 R with 80Mpix and this is tack sharp.

http://www.hartblei.de/downloads/Hartblei80mm_HCamB1_4degr_tilt_LeafA12.jpg

The 4/120mm Makro does work for the smaller chips too
(up to 45x45mm)on infinity but has barrel vignetting if you go closeup (the lens moves away from the 35mm mount and causes vignetting), so it is a 35mm lens mostly .
This is also a reason why I was looking into the RB/RZ lenses adapter and additionally we have now done the HCam-B1v which uses large format lenses

@ Victor
I think so- this is on Hartblei.com, but I don´t know him.

Regards

Stefan

N

nightfire

Just a thought but if there were MF versions of those Zeiss optics in Mamiya & Hassy mount I'm sure that you'd have a queue of folks lined up for them, including me.
I'd already line up for the current "new" version, if only I could buy it from Germany (within the EU) instead of the Ukraine. There would be less issues with customs/import taxes, cross-border payment and returns/maintenance for me, and I guess for other EU peasants as well...

Stefan Steib

"if there were MF versions of those Zeiss optics in Mamiya & Hassy mount I'm sure that you'd have a queue of folks lined up for them, including me"

I know that this is a market, but there is something else which I will not keep as a secret: the resources for the Zeiss MF lenses are limited, we do not know if Zeiss can supply us for longer than 1 maybe max 2 years. So if anybody who wants a Zeiss superrotator thinks too long about it, we may have run out of stock.

This is the reason why we are looking into making Pro grade TS adapters now, the Mamiya RB/RZ -645 adapter is a starting point, we will also do Hasselblad V -> 35mm versions (it´s even easier as the flange Focal distance is longer).

Further we plan to make rebuild offers for existing Hasselblad V lens owners of 40mm IF CFE/CFI, 2,8/80mm Planar CF/CFI/CB/CFE and 4/120mm Makro CF/CFI/CB/CFE in the future, especially for our Cine Hfocus and TS combos as we have develloped recently.

http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Neues-von-Hartblei-HCam-B1i-B1v-und-HFocus

The rebuilds will be handled through Germany - HCam.de/Hartblei.de.
I´ll announce it officially with a Pressrelease as soon as we start the service.

Greetings from Munich
Stefan

Last edited: