The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa LC software now open for all !!

O

Optechs Digital

Alpa has just opened the use of their LC (lens Corrector Software) up to all users. Previously this has been only available to Alpa users.

I think this is an incredible act of generosity considering the amount of time and expense they put into this project. Follow the link to access the software download. While there you might also want to take a look at some of the other very useful charts and tables they have made available.

Happy New Year to all our DPI friends.

Paul

http://www.alpa.ch/products/tools/alpa-tools/alpa-lens-corrector.html

JimCollum

i've been unable to find this via Safari or Firefox on a Mac. I get to the product description page, which says

For the download of the plugin itself please log in. You will find the plugin for Mac OS X and Windows, the correction profiles and the manual on "Information" subpage once you are logged in.

I log in, (and the status says logged in), but still only see this. The Information subpage only has a link to the pdf of the manual

http://www.alpa.ch/dms/products/tools/alpa-lens-corrector/ALPA_LC_Manual.pdf

Does anyone have a direct link to the mac download file?

fotografz

i've been unable to find this via Safari or Firefox on a Mac. I get to the product description page, which says

For the download of the plugin itself please log in. You will find the plugin for Mac OS X and Windows, the correction profiles and the manual on "Information" subpage once you are logged in.

I log in, (and the status says logged in), but still only see this. The Information subpage only has a link to the pdf of the manual

http://www.alpa.ch/dms/products/tools/alpa-lens-corrector/ALPA_LC_Manual.pdf

Does anyone have a direct link to the mac download file?
Same here.

-Marc

thomas

Anyone of the Contax users here care to find out how to correct Contax lenses with the Alpa Corrector?
Would be nice if you would try the following values and check if it looks for you. And possibly correct them.
I just selected existing profiles and modified them… trial and error.
But so far the values seem to be not too far… at least at infinity.
I think you don't have to have a P45… any sensor with crop 1.1 should be fine as this is just an approximation anyway (still better as e.g. the distortion correction in Capture One).

Distagon 45 (modified Rodenstock HR Digaron 28 infinity profile)
K1: -5.978e-05
K2: 4.257e-08
K3: -1.816e-12

Planar 80
the profile for the Rodenstock50_Sinf_v1a seem to do a pretty good job

You can also use the attached profiles and load them into the Alpa Corrector.

Distagon 35
This one is hard… would be glad if someone could find out some useful values :)
The Rodenstock HR 23 is probably not too bad as a starting point if you change K2 to 4.214e-08 … but I can't get the corners right by now...

Thanks!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thomas

As you have already experimented with the parameters K1 , K2 and K3 , I assume you know what they stand for and where they are stored or generated .
Or does anyone else know what they stand for ? ? ?

Jürgen

thomas

As you have already experimented with the parameters K1 , K2 and K3 , I assume you know what they stand for and where they are stored or generated .
Or does anyone else know what they stand for ? ? ?
similar as for instance in PTLens. Hard to explain (at least for me)... just modify the values and you'll see what happens... start with the integer values, so modify e.g. K2: 4.257e-08 to 2.257e-08

here's the Distagon 35 step 01 (so far):