The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Date Counter on Hasselblad Site ?

markowich

Peter,
Yes, a digital XPan would be most appealing IMO, but as you said,
it's most likely day dreaming.
Ralf.
ralf,
yes, but this indicates a new announcement. maybe a hasselblad in the leica S2 form factor?
i shall do enquiries...p

jlm

Workshop Member
i just hope they don't suddenly release something that drops the re-sale value of my CFV39!!!

KeithL

The trouble with this kind of marketing is that if it is the obvious, such as the delivery of the H4D, then it will appear to most as something of an anti-climax.

Perhaps this really is something unexpected and worthy of our anticipation?

I'd rule out any development of or for the 500 or 200 series cameras so that would rule out larger square sensors.

What would really take the world by storm, something to challenge the Canon and Nikon DSLRs and the Leica M9, perhaps?

That XD-Pan would certainly fit the bill

fotografz

> http://www.hasselblad.se/promotions/countdown.aspx

This is in "Promotions" section. So it could be some "free stuff" promotion when you buy a digital back.

Good things come to those who wait;-)
All of the articles in the so-called "promotions" section are promoting recent or new product launches ... not deals or free stuff.

Hasselblad is normally very tight lipped about new stuff ... no one had a clue that the CFV/39 was coming until it was suddenly here and available. I suspect they pre-announced the H4D/60 and attendant "Trade-In Program" because they were late to market while developing the H4D with the new focusing system, and needed to keep current customers from jumping ship.

I doubt it will be anything to do with the V series since this kind of "wait-and-see" promotion is also designed to keep people from doing something else ... and the V people tend to already have their system and are a "captive" audience.

Don't think it'll be a digital X-Pan. Nothing, including the lenses, are offered anymore. The issues with digital on something that wide, plus the narrow demand in the market place makes it unlikely.

IMHO, the one thing they could do right now to shake things up in the MFD world is launch a dual shutter H4D body ... both focal plane and leaf shutter capable using existing H/C lenses. I wouldn't think that to be too hard to accomplish. This would be my best guess ... or maybe my "best wish" ... :)

If it is a S2 form factor body as suggested by others in this thread, especially if it took the H/C lenses and offered dual shutter capabilities, then the Leica S2 is dead as a possibility to me. Since I already have all the lenses, I'd buy a smaller H mount digital body in a New York nano second. Even the remotest possibility that this could be what is coming in 23 days would keep me from buying a S2.

Hasselblad already has all the real world handling aspects missing in the S2 ... like button controlled in-viewfinder compensation, superb flash control, and the new off-center AF system no one else has ... put that in a smaller S2 type body with 1600 ISO that uses the HC lenses, and I could also get rid of most all my 35mm DSLR gear. Yummy ... a H/C 100/2.2 on a 35mm sized body.

Wishful thinking ... sigh. We'll just have to wait and see. However, I am not buying ANYTHING until I see what the heck this might be.

-Marc

KeithL

Hasselblad are quite capable of thinking 'outside of the box' - groan - much as they did with the introduction of the X-Pan.

I believe their CO has said that one of their priorities is to make the brand accessible to wider ownership. Could this countdown be towards that end? Perhaps something targeted towards the mainstream?

rmueller

However, I am not buying ANYTHING until I see what the heck this might be.
Yep, whatever it is, pocket is closed, credit card locked until early Feb ;)

A H-style SWC with shift capabilities and a MS back would also be cool hehe.

Ralf.