The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Accessories for MF Photography

redrockcoulee

A pair of silk gloves or glover liners inside your gloves not only keep your hands warmer but stay on when needing to do fine things without gloves . Helps when cycling at -30C and photographing at any weather. If you put them inside the hunter's gloves your skin never touches metal and just peel the glove or mitt fingers off and you still have the silk ones on

kdphotography

Oh sure, *you*, of all people, need platform heels! What, are you starting a Stieglitz-esque series of clouds, *from above*??? :ROTFL:
Platform heels and pumps are nothing. (I recommend using them in conjunction with the step stool and 5 series Gitzo...)

It's when Don starts pulling out the mini-skirts is when I get worried... :ROTFL:

Don Libby

Platform heels and pumps are nothing. (I recommend using them in conjunction with the step stool and 5 series Gitzo...)

It's when Don starts pulling out the mini-skirts is when I get worried... :ROTFL:
Okay I had to wear them one time working undercover and you're still reminding me of it :eek::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

carstenw

http://www.tenba.com/products/Messenger--Camera-Bag.aspx
Tenba once made GREAT bags (mine is 25 or 30 years old and still in good conditions). If they are still that good I'd look for a Tenba...
But a stool will not fit into it :)
I ended up buying the Tenba Messenger Large Photo Laptop:

http://www.tenba.com/products/Messenger-Large-Photo-Laptop-Bag.aspx

Fantastic bag, very comfortable, great strap, millions of pockets (every single person I spoke to about these warned me against losing stuff in random pockets), loads of room for a MF camera, 3 lenses, a lightmeter, and a bit more, as well as magazines, a book, and a laptop. Most of the time I won't stuff that much junk into it at once, but at least I could!

Thanks for the tip!

Evanjoe610

Carsten,

Take a look at the Lightware cases. I have several of them for traveling and I placed them inside of a Pelican case. As Don mentioned, the Pelican is so strong and tough, you can stand on it if needed!
I also switch between Tenba or Lowepro bags depending on what I carry. There is no one bag fit all unfortunately....

carstenw

Definitely not, and I own an Artisan&Artist bag for my Leica M, the Tenba for casual MF and LF, as well as a Kata R-103 for more complete kits. Even so, I am sure I will end up with more :) I just sold a couple to appease my girlfriend :)