The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H1/H2 firmware update

cerett

I have both an H1 and H2 along with a Phase One back (P45+). Is there any way to get the firmware updated short of sending the cameras back to Hasselblad? I live in Orange County, Ca.

I might add that it is a privilege to be a new member of this community. You guys are terrific.

Last edited:

Dustbak

Find someone that has a Hasselblad back which fits your back (CF, Ixpress) and you can update the firmware via that route. Hook it up to your computer, boot Phocus and update the firmware (naturally you have to download both Phocus as well as the appropriate firmware).

J

Jordan_Miller

As Dustbak mentioned, this can be accomplished with using a CF/CFII or Ixpress series Hasselblad digital back. In addition, this can also be done using an H3D/H3DII digital back as well.

Bear in mind, the latest firmware versions for the H-series camera bodies can only be installed via Phocus. FlexColor is not compatible here. Additionally, the Imacon/Hasselblad Ixpress backs are also not fully compatible with Phocus. In short, your best bet is find a CF/CFII or H3D/H3DII back, the latest version of Phocus, current firmware from Hasselblad, and someone familiar with the firmware upgrade process.

Considering your location, I would suggest you find a local Hasselblad dealer, as they will most certainly be able to take care of it. With the right items (see above), this process will take just a few minutes, and should be of little to no cost.

I have attached a PDF copy of the readme file associated with the latest version of H-series firmware.

Regards and welcome to GetDPI,

Jordan

I have both an H1 and H2 along with a Phase One back (P45+). Is there any way to get the firmware updated short of sending the cameras back to Hasselblad? I live in Orange County, Ca.

I might add that it is a privilege to be a new member of this community. You guys are terrific.