Ok I have a few idiotic, newbie and silly questions that relate to the fact that I never shoot with a MF camera before and I'm about to buy a Hasselblad 500, mainly due to the fact that I can try the medium and learn a bit about it, before upgrading straight to a digital MF path which costs an arm, liver and a leg ( and I only have one of each being a Leica devotee ) ...
So, I read as much as I can but you dont have much "amateur Hasselblad" pages around and sometimes some basic questions are hard to get an answer unless I ask to the users, apologise in advance if this is too basic for this forum :
- DoF preview, does the 500 camera have one ? Or only some specific models ?
- I've read ( although only on one website ) that CF lens have a focal plane shutter, meaning it stays open ( similar to SLR's ) - true on any 500 body ? Or only specific bodies ? Ie, after taking the shot.
- any website with specific information about different type of lens ? I get the idea of C/CT/CF/CFE/CFI lens ( shutter changes, focal lenght, coatings etc ) but I cant find specific information how much better or visually the difference between, lets say a Zeiss C 80mm 2.8 vs Zeiss CF 80mm 2.8. This is something rather easy to do for example, for Leica lenses with a bit of google here and there but I'm finding hard to do with Hassy lens - I'm I looking in the wrong places ?
- 500 CM bodies are limited to a 1/500 speed correct ? Meaning if I want faster than that I have either to increase the aperture of the lens ( so that exposure stays under 1/500 ) or use slower ISO film ( again... ) , correct ? or that is just flash sync and non flash sync can go up to ??
- for faster than 1/500 speed, I need to go to 200 versions of V Hasselblad , right ?
- EL 5xx bodies, that are the motor versions - can they be used without that chunk extra underneath, but putting a rewind crank ? I see many great deals for EL bodies but I found them too big
- lens conversion... I understand that a 80mm MF lens ( 6x6 ) is roughly a 50mm in 35mm terms and due to the circle of confusion, the 2,8 aperture is somewhere around a 1.4 in 35mm terms. Is there a straight conversion ? What is in MF world a 18-21mm ? the 30mm and 40mm Distagons ?
- Chrome vs Black - for every website I see , a chrome 'Blad is always cheaper than the exact same thing in black. Why ?!?! Leica chrome lenses are heavier and usually more rare but that is well documented... in Blad world cant find anything ? a 501 CM with WLF + lens + A12 costs 500 chrome or 650 in black.. and they both say MINT.. and all the dealers I saw..
- Saw some rumors that Chrome lens are out of parts to repair, how true is that ? Some people say BS others say chrome lens cannot be repaired anymore ?
- Seen a lot of comments that people dont like the Kiev88 metered prism but cant understand why ? Seem a good alternative to the PME Blad prisms who ended up costing 10x as much .. apart from the poor construction, what else ? less bright ? difficult to archieve focus ?
- let see if I get this straight - on V camera, its comprised from these parts :
WLF Finder ( or prism )
correct ?I'm missing someting ? Instead of perhaps going directly to a complete 500CM kit, I might buy a 503CW body only, for the same price and then buy afterwards the rest of the parts - which are the ones listed, correct ?
Last but not least the dumbest of them all :
The WLF is SLR like, ie, it does change with the lens perspective correct ? Or is rangefinder like, the view is the same and we have to change the screens ? I belive since is a view through lens camera, the perspective should change when we swap lenses.
Sorry to all if these questions bother or make you laugh but I'm doing my homework here but need a bit of a push ! Any help appreciated !