The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

9 Step Program for Gearholics

D

DougDolde

1. We admitted we were powerless to stop buying expensive camera gear — that our finances had become unmanageable.

2. We came to believe that a Power named Dog that is greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. We made a decision to turn our will and our VISA over to the care of Dog for safekeeping.

4. We were entirely ready to have Dog remove our gear addiction.

5. We made a list of all the camera gear we had bought then sold because we still were not satisfied.

6. We started using what we had not what we wanted.

7. We soon realized that more sophisticated and expensive gear would not necessarily make us better photographers but only improve the technical quality of our images.

8. We realized that a primary cause of our addiction was reading internet photography forums.

9. Having had an awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other gearholics, and to practice these principles every day.

D

DougDolde

No comments? You guys are in serious denial, very common with addicts.

jonoslack

HI Doug
The problem isn't so much the money spent on gear . . . as the time spent on internet forums. . . .

I guess you're free of both addictions?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
:eek: I admit I have put my M8 up for sale to fund something else even more expensive ... :eek: :eek:

D

DougDolde

No I am not free from either. I am writing from experience.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
:eek: Well err ... so far I don't know the name for it, but I hope it will be called something with R since I have already bought some R lenses ...
Can't believe I just said that :confused:
I feel much better now :)

PeterA

We are 'pilgrims' Guy - both seeking to find the answer to the question - (money is no object in the quest for the truth )!!! ..."..how much is not enough?"..:D:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
erm . . 42? (just guessing you know)
:angel:
...the right answer only if your planet has been destroyed to make way for a new freeway exit.
GAS knows no limit.
We follow the gospel of the great GAS monster.
(From the book of GAS Book 1 Psalms 42)
The faithful seek perfection.
Perfection knows no limits
Perfection is always a step away.
The best camera lens or doodad is always available tomorrow
We make offerings to the great GAS monster regularly to keep in His good graces.
Only the faithful stay on the golden path
The golden path leads us into temptation
Wh have been assimilated
We embrace the great GAS monster and empty our wallets in His name forever.

-bob

fotografz

As everyone knows, addiction programs are 12 step not 9.

Step 10: After you carry the message to other gearholics, you convince them to give it all up to the commune leader who knows the word of Dog because Dog speaks directly to him.

Step 11: The gearholics who now are now only left with a P&S because Dog's representative on Earth said it won't fetch much on e-bay to fund his quest for the MF digital system that Dog promised him, realize they've been taken ... and drink the cool-aid.

Step 12: Dog sends his pet gearholic to Germany to seek perfection in the Solms plant. He becomes a better photographer becuase Dog says he is ... remember, Dog speeks directly to him. Thus is the word of Dog, the maker of all gear ... past, present, and future.