The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 50-100 lens

Analog6

I am considering buying one of these, can people who have one give me their impressions? I'd love the 35-90 but as I understand it that one won't go on my H2 system.

So, good and bad points of the 50-110?

H3dtogo

The 50/110 is one of the best lenses i ever used: sharp, great flexibility, great macro with an extension tube etc..... but eventually your lens will part into at least two parts. I didn't believe it myself until i got in touch with others that had it fall apart, old and newer types. Mine went already twice back to the factory. The good thing is it only costs 460 euro's ex VAT.( and it is always your own faulth, not a fabrication or construction/design error!!!).

mark1958

I had the 50-110 and sold it for the 35-90. I prefer the focal range. Optically, i think the two are quite close. I used mine on the H3DII-31 so i cannot say much about the corners on the H3DII-39. The 35-90 is a big more balanced and easier to handhold. The AF is a bit faster. But on a tripod, not a big difference in IQ.

kipling

the 50-110 is a monster of a lens. weighs a ton and it's too sharp. at least that is what i keep hearing from the art directors that i work with. i shoot people and it's razor-like at f8 to f11. it's crazy, but i just keep hearing: can you make it softer, can you make it more film like? maybe mine will fall in two soon and i can send it to hasselblad with a note attached: please replace aspheric lens with tupperware lid.