The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wrist strap for Contax 645; other brands

tom in mpls

The Contax 645 wrist strap has a small screw that only fits the MP-1 batter grip; thus there is no Contax brand wrist strap for use on the body itself.

Has anyone tried one of the other wrist straps such as Hakuba, Nikon, or the Canon E1? One could put a Contax lug on the top of the strap for attachment to the side, and use a standard tripod screw attachment for the bottom of the C645 body.

D

DougDolde

Just use some Liquid Nails to attach it. Mark Tucker style. That oughta do the job. Git er done !

tom in mpls

( he doesn't wanna pony up for an MP-1 grip ) :)
Close, but no cigar. I have the MP-1 but don't want to use it! I'd like to have the option of a wrist strap without attaching the MP-1. I have a desire to keep things as small and simple as practicable.

I see that there is also a QR plate from RRS that has a side eyelet; I think I could use the standard Contax strap. Remove the bottom screw from the strap, then thread the strap through the eyelet. If the strap is long enough this should work.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Itemdesc.asp?ic=B43&eq=&Tp=

Last edited:
D

DougDolde

Hmmm, I much prefer it with the MP-1 attached. Plus you get a spare set of AA batteries in the grip that you can switch to if your other one fails. And a vertical grip.