The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big day for MFD - Leaf tethers to Capture One 5.1

D

DougDolde

Jack aren't you overlooking the major advantage that LR grads are applied to the RAW image? This is basically adjusting the exposure selectively.

JimCollum

Excellent work Yaya! I've been playing around with it (have always liked C1), and the files are excellent. Do you know if there's a way to get the overlay/crop used when shooting (sort of like LC does now). For specific projects, i'll shoot with a square crop, and it would be handy to have that follow the .mos file into C1

Again.. great work you guys!!!

Just did on LL:

Leaf tethered support
The DB version supports tethering to: Leaf Aptus-II 10, Aptus-II 7, Aptus-II 6, Aptus-II 5, AFi-II 10, AFi-II 7, AFi-II 6
The PRO version is needed to tether to: Leaf Aptus 75S, Aptus 65S, Aptus 54S, AFi 7, AFi 6, AFi 5, Aptus 75, Aptus 65, Aptus 22, Aptus 17

Leaf .mos file support
DB version supports: Leaf Aptus-II 10, Aptus-II 8 (preliminary) Aptus-II 7, Aptus-II 6, Aptus-II 5, AFi-II 10, AFi-II 7, AFi-II 6
Basic or PRO versions support the above PLUS: Leaf Aptus 75S, Aptus 65S, Aptus 54S, AFi 7, AFi 6, AFi 5, Aptus 75, Aptus 65, Aptus 22, Aptus 17

Yair

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack aren't you overlooking the major advantage that LR grads are applied to the RAW image? This is basically adjusting the exposure selectively.
Frankly, for that kind of adjustment I prefer it be done as an adjustment layer to my tiff instead of the raw, but YMMV...

thomas

And BTW, the new advanced NOISE tool is excellent :thumbs:
I like that one, too.
I'd prefer a more sensitve adjustment for the "surface" NR as at higher values it works actually as regular luminance NR. However it's a nice tool!
My favorite of the new tools is the inversed color edit :)

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Jim, FYI we can't do LCC corrections with our Leaf backs in Capture One, it is a Phase only correction. Just in case you did not know

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I like that one, too.
I'd prefer a more sensitve adjustment for the "surface" NR as at higher values it works actually as regular luminance NR. However it's a nice tool!
My favorite of the new tools is the inversed color edit :)
Yep, was just playing around with that one and like it a lot!

thomas

Yep, was just playing around with that one and like it a lot!
yes, it safes us one edit. By now - e.g. to desaturate everything but a single color - you had to make one edit for global saturation decrease and a second edit to counter desaturation for the one color you didn't want to desaturate (as an example). Now that's just a single edit. Nice!

we can't do LCC corrections with our Leaf backs in Capture One, it is a Phase only correction.
but only temporarily ?!??

D

DougDolde

It really does have a lot more control for Aptus files than Leaf Capture.

This is an understatement !

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
C1 is extremely powerful. I hardly ever use PS except retouching. BTW you can stitch right from C1 it uses PS but starts in C1

Top menu bar go to next to help see the film strip . click bundled scripts and you will see stitch with PS .First select two or more images

Guy Mancuso

So just to go back make all adjustments to one image than copy the adjustments and apply to 2 or more images. This way they all have the same identical traits than stitch right from the raws. pretty dang slick

Send consult fee to Guy. LOL Need new toys.

Guy Mancuso

Okay I need some answers . Shot a job tonight with sensor plus ISO 800 and my files are screaming sharp. I have not played much with the beta version but they did something quite nice I believe . The sharpening algorithms have changed for the better. I mean i can't even add clarity to these. Also I noticed my P40+ picked up a new Profile Flash V2 and looking at the P65 it has it also. Something is going on and it's not bad thing. Anyone want to take a shot at explaining it. Check your files because someone cranked up the volume

This is not a complaint

JimCollum

Not sure what you mean. Overlay is a powerful tool thats been available for any file for a while now (since version 4.5?).
With the Leaf back, you can load overlay masks onto the back. These can be selected when you're shooting. When you bring the image back into Leaf Capture, it maintains the mask size and position and shows it in LC (it can be removed or moved around in LC post if you want). When I bring the .mos file into C1, that overlay/mask isn't present (although it is in the raw file.. since LC can get to it)

PeterL

C1 is extremely powerful. I hardly ever use PS except retouching. BTW you can stitch right from C1 it uses PS but starts in C1

Top menu bar go to next to help see the film strip . click bundled scripts and you will see stitch with PS .First select two or more images
Sorry for being dense - but how do you get that? I've got two pictures selected, but where do I get the menu for "bundled scripts"? By film strip - do you mean the browser? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, -Peter