The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV back

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
John, another nice set of images. I'm going to have to join you down there one day.

jlm

Workshop Member
charlie, let's hook up sometime.

another image, let's see if the srgb conversion holds the delicate color in the original...

fotografz

more this weekend shots
John, if I may comment ... it appears you are losing highlight detail on some of these later shots. I noticed it on the last set also.

I know from direct experience that the CFV files are robust enough to expose for the highlight detail and lift the shadow areas in Flexcolor or Phocus during post.

If you are using Flexcolor, there is another thing you can do to hold the highlight detail ... in the Flexcolor Histogram there are the usual bottom sliders for adjusting tonal values, but there is also a slider on the right side where you can introduce a bit more tone in the highlight areas.

Just a thought.

jlm

Workshop Member
please do comment; i'll happily take all the advice I can get.
in most of the last shots, i overexposed unintentionally, thought i was spot metering on a mid range tone and was not accurately checking the histogram.
these were run in Phocus, by the way, much preferred to Flexcolor, though i have to do the work on my laptop. Hasselblad replied to me that mid may they will end the beta and also release the PC version. in the meantime, i'm going to focus on correct exposure

jlm

Workshop Member
a couple more where i am more confident about the basic exposure
also used Jack;s action for web, finally.

woodyspedden

John

I don't think you will see a Canon 1DsMkIII with this level of image quality. Guy is right............the lowest resolution MFDB beats the pants off the best 35mm sensors. However as we all know there are advantages of the CMOS sensors for the latest generation 35mm DSLR's that provide serious advantages for the low light or sport shooters. MF can't compete here (yet!)

Best

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Very true Woody very true but have to say you can get to ISO 800 very clean and ISO 1600 is nothing to sneeze at but 6400 ISO is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way off for MF. But after testing these beasts which BTW are no bigger than the D3 almost the file quality just is at a level above any 35mm files out there it is really hard to ignore for long. I am sitting here going nuts waiting till the end of the week to get mine delivered. Lance I NEED instant gratification. LOL

woodyspedden

I could not agree more Kurt. The files from this back are exceptional and with small white balance preset the colors are rich and spot on. I am just loving mine although for hand holding the Hassy 503/CFV takes some getting used to. Been a long time since I shot with one and it is taking some work to get it to be my newest best friend.

Woody

jlm

Workshop Member
more from the yard; these ought to brighten up a 95 degree and muggy day in NYC. I am simply amazed at the colors from this rig

Last edited: