The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV back

woodyspedden

shot yesterday, three focus series using Helicon Focus. pops, eh?
Hey John

The Helicon Focus looks really good. Do you find it useful enough to spend the money for it? I think you seem to have used it more than most. I got the trial copy but became really busy and frittered away the time. Sad for me. Think I'lll try again and actually spend the time to see how it plays out.

Woody

By the way, continuing congratulations on your boat/dock series. They just keep getting better and better. I still think that when you are complete with this series you have the makings of a great book. I understand that doing a book from Aperture is pretty simple and quick although I have no personal experiences doing this.

jlm

Workshop Member
i have used Helicon Demo on several images. was impressed enough to fork over the $135 for the full blown lite version. it really works well and fast.

T

tetsrfun

I just downloaded Helicon Demo. I set up a "Rube Goldberg" macro with 503CW+CFV and Macro 120/4+Bellows. I abducted one of my GF's violets as the test subject. Used a Nikon flash for lighting. Shot 13 frames and combines with Helicon.
The programs seems to work quite well..(Hopefully the image will come through) The DOF is ~0.2mm(?).

jlm

Workshop Member
time for some more images...from this am, a beautiful morning in NYC. three focus shots and helicon. more to come later. blad 40mm

KeithL

The following is a quote from the Hasselblad technical info on the CFV 11...

"Not recommended for critical work together with SWC models and ArcBody due to optical incompatibility"

Can any kind soul please explain this optical icompatibility?

time for some more images...from this am, a beautiful morning in NYC. three focus shots and helicon. more to come later. blad 40mm
Jlm,

(re: post 173)

In this shot there seems to be lines drawn to the left of the rope; is this a downsizing artifact, or a remnant of the focus blend?