The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV back

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Gary

The powerup and powerdown delay came with an update version of FLEXCOLOR .
But I can not remember which one it was .
It is a safety delay . When you touch by mistake the powerup button , but don't notice , that would unintentionally consum power .
When you unintentionally hit the poweroff button , you will not be ready to shoot .
The current firmware is (R)245 .
I recommend to install all firmware as sonn as there is a new level . Before you do so , have a look into the readme section .

Regards Jürgen

fotografz

Gary, press the power button once quickly and release ... then press for 3 to 4 seconds to power down. This was done to avoid accidental powering down. This is a good thing IMO :thumbup:

The internal battery is just for the clock. It has to be charged to be time accurate. It's a stupid design :thumbdown:

jlm

Workshop Member
while I agree that image is "bumpy" , I was just bringing the thread back into circulation as someone is looking at the CFV back

jlm

Workshop Member
september was my month.

by the way, that blue wall i showed above has now mostly collapsed...maybe i can sneak out there and take another shot

woodyspedden

John

I am still amazed that you got rid of this rig. You posted so many delicious shots and you seemed to really have the handle on this back. Anyway, this is my backhanded way of saying how much I enjoyed your work with it.

Woody

bensonga

John
Anyway, this is my backhanded way of saying how much I enjoyed your work with it.
Woody
Agreed! John's CFV images from the ship yard were a big and positive influence on my decision to buy the 503CWD-II (as was Marc's experience with the CFV). Really first rate work John!

I'm on my way to Dawson City in the Yukon. It was supposed to be a motorcycle trip....but I really wanted to get some photos of the old buildings etc in Dawson and landscape scenery along the way WITH the CFV, so I left the motorcycle in the garage and took the car. Following behind my wife who IS riding her BMW F650GS. I know I'm going to catch alot of flak from the folks we meet up with each year in Dawson (up to about 120 people now for the "Dust to Dawson" summer solstice rally), but it will be worth it. :D

Thanks again John for sharing all those terrific images with us.

Gary
Alaska
Sent from my MBP in Tok

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Agreed! Really first rate work John!
Thanks again John for sharing all those terrific images with us.
Gary
Alaska
Sent from my MBP in Tok

I have gone through this thread again and I can only agree to what Gary says . Great work . Thank you John . These images call for a little booklet ! ? !

A couple of weeks ago , I tried to get into a smaller shipyard in Italy for a shooting . But the waiter stopped me and I was not allowed to go any further .
Might be that it is too "dangerous" .
As I can not talk italian , I tried to get the hotelmanager , who speeks fluent german , to arange something for me .
Two days later I got the answer : the more you ask the more they will say no . Just go there again and a tenner might open the gate .
I will do so in September . Johns Month .

Jürgen

jlm

Workshop Member
Actually, I still have the 205TCC and CFV back and just pulled it out to play around.

My main focus went with Rollei 6008 and the P20 phase back and that setup has taken equal quality pics to the CFV. lenses are excellent. Primary reason was the XACT tech camera compatibility

thanks for the love; glad everyone like the thread, i can still see some of those shots in my minds eye viewfinder.

This fall i am having a show of Navy yard shots here in NY...all square format Rollei and Blad

jlm

Workshop Member
another shot from today, this a 3x3 stitch with the horseman/35mm; these ships are big and i'm about 30 ft away