The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D40 @ 800 ISO

fotografz

Thanks David.

This kind of shot is more instructive for me because it more closely represents the worst case scenarios I have to face occasionally. Fat light isn't the real challenge for MFD ... this is.

Been playing with it in PS. The file seems to hold up against really pushing it around a lot. I corrected the perspective and altered the color balance and exposure then cropped tiny details out of it ... which held up very well given the ISO 800. Amazing actually.

Did you have the nano-second mirror delay set? That's pretty sharp for hand-held at that shutter speed.

Looks like you guys have a winner on your hands. :thumbs: Congrats!

These 40 meg backs are looking really good from everyone! :salute: WaHoo!

-Marc

(From Seat 62G!)

Great! Glad it held up well.

Mirror delay was set and I sort of had it braced against a glass partition. Worked though.

Post your finished file if you like?

D

gogopix

Subscriber
Handheld, .3s from seat 62G

now THAT's impressive!:ROTFL:
AKA, does look like a robust file

Doug, have a comp from P40+, may w w/o sensor plus?

David, I assume Hassey V lenses work with AE and focus confirm on the H4's as well, yes?

jerome

Thanks David !

My 2 cts : if we look at 100 %, there is some noise, but if we look at 50 %, that's pretty good, and at 66 % it's still very good.

So my conclusion : at "20 MP equivalent", that's a very good noiseless shot, at "17 MP" it remains still very good !

I'm right ?

Schmiddi

I didnt know airplanes had seats past row 10??
Well - it's funny when your bording pass shows row 18, and last row in aircraft is 17 (had that some weeks ago on the way from Helsinki to Tallinn :D). But I got a seat, no need to swim...
Though row 65 is a challenge :D

Andreas (sorry to continue OT)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
No! ;-)

Will do when I get home. At HK airport and boarding soon.

Maybe you could do a shot of a P40+ @ 800 ISO at a similar exposure time?
I've got a date tonight and sunday but I'm not doing anything Saturday so maybe!

But careful what you ask for - I may upload a ISO1600 and ISO3200 example as well :).

(fyi it would be with a 65+ not a 40+ since that's what's on my shelf right now)

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

PeterA

we lose our sense of humour and all that is left is grey clouds..-:)

yes the file @ 800 looks good - I just gave up shooting hand held or anything except snaps as soon as the 16 megapixels came out with the 1dsmk11 - maybe it is shaky hands from all the high velocity trading over the years takings it toll..or maybe I just have a dofferent definition of sharp - which is ironic because I dont really give a toss re sharp in my style of shooting

a face shot at 800 ISO hand held wold be more telling.

bensonga

David -- I am sorry that you are flying coach! It is probably because of the way too generous deal your corporate office gave me on my X5!
You have an X5? A Flextight X5? :clap:

I thought I would die and go to heaven if I had the good fortune to buy docmoore's 343 scanner.

I've decided to start saving my spare coins now in the hope I will be able to get an X1 before I'm too old and senile to operate a scanner at all.

Gary

Woa.....just noticed this is my 700th post on GetDPI.....don't tell my wife!

fotografz

You have an X5? A Flextight X5? :clap:

I thought I would die and go to heaven if I had the good fortune to buy docmoore's 343 scanner.

I've decided to start saving my spare coins now in the hope I will be able to get an X1 before I'm too old and senile to operate a scanner at all.

Gary

Woa.....just noticed this is my 700th post on GetDPI.....don't tell my wife!
Gary, Sell a camera or two!

You are a "Camera Horder". (It takes one to know one :cool:)

I'm submitting you as a candidate for the Horder intervention TV show. :LOL:

I'm on step 6 of the Cameraholics Anonymous of America 12 step plan.

I'm thinking of moving back to step 3 ...:banghead:

-Marc

P. Chong

0.3s handheld is very impressive...very sharp.

Would someone be able to do the same (ok similar) ISO800 shot with the H3D-39 (either i or ii) and the H3D-31 (i or ii) so we can see the progress H has made going from 3 to 4. Would be interesting, no?

fotografz

Okay, I really bullied this file ... pushed it around like crazy.

I like to do that with test files to see how flexible it is in bad conditions rather than nice light.

Corrected perspective a ton, pushed the exposure a bunch looking for shadow performance, really pushed the color adjustments to the limits, used all my standard stuff like "Smart Sharpen" and Nik Define2.

These new 40 meg sensors can take quite a beating, and the detail resolving power of the little pixel sensors has been ratcheted it up a notch IMO.

Looks even better printed @ 21" wide on the 3800. What noise visible @ 100% on the monitor, is virtually gone in the print. Not bad. not bad at all.

Love to work the RAW file in Phocus-II @ 16 bit going in (hint, hint: -)

-Marc

Top: Org file - Bottom: bullied file ... and bully-boy severe crop details.