The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

H4D40 @ 800 ISO

David K

Workshop Member
Why? Are ya chicken? :D
David, aside from the images, you've got a great sense of humor... as does Doug. I really enjoy of your good natured ribbing of each other. Says a lot to me when competitors can tease each other... means they haven't lost their perspective. Credit also to Guy and Jack for creating an atmosphere on this forum that encourages it.

David, aside from the images, you've got a great sense of humor... as does Doug. I really enjoy of your good natured ribbing of each other. Says a lot to me when competitors can tease each other... means they haven't lost their perspective. Credit also to Guy and Jack for creating an atmosphere on this forum that encourages it.
Thanks David. (And to Doug as well!)

Yes, it is possible here. Not on LL!

Doug... I am still waiting for that P40+ 800 ISO shot. ;)

Aaron

Wow, impressive iso 800.

Can anyone tell me if the H4D50's sensor has the same advancements as shown by the 40's?

Thanks

thomas

I think it's not only the awesome high ISO performance here but also the balance of noise, color, gradation etc.
There is "ugly" noise (mostly) and there is "nice" noise (sometimes). The H40 (in conjunction with Phocus) apparently produces a look with "nice" noise (at least to me). This goes also for the ISO1600 portrait posted on LL a while ago.
It's hard to explain and maybe nothing you can describe in technical terms (at least I can't)... for instance I am finding the noise of the P21+ "nice" whilst I don't really like the noise of the P45 (though they have basically a very similar same sensor design). I also like the noise of the M8 whilst I have yet to see "nice" noise of an CMOS sensor.
Probably it's very personal. Anyway... this ISO800 simply looks great.

A

axeleaf

Hi David , Denis Lim who was with you in HongKong is showing us in Singapore and our local Hassy users group the night images you took . They are awesome . we are all here waiting to play with the H4D 40.
Hope you can drop by our tiny island this year !

mAlKhamis

I have a 40+ with me . Those files from the S2 /P40 review are still up on my mobile me server.
Guy do still have the example files for the P40+ on your mobile me server ? can i download them if you don't mind my friend, thank you so much and cheers!