The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Digital Back for my Contax 645

gogopix

Subscriber
ok, how do I get the image at the link to SHOW here?
That is, Show the way Jack's did, as oversized)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
ok, how do I get the image at the link to SHOW here?
That is, Show the way Jack's did, as oversized)
all image posting options explained here:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54

But the short version is you use the image insertion icon, little yellow mountain with sun in it and paste the location link of your image in the dialog that pops up when you click it. Use the image location ending in .jpg, NOT the URL from the address bar. This one is taken directly from your portfolio here on GetDPI where BTW we give you the image location link in a line beneath the image. I simply copied that:

BJNY

Ok, here's one from Tallinn. Stitched, of course. Rollei 6008AF, Sinar eMotion22, 40mm f3.5 Schneider lens, ISO 25, 6 seconds, f8.
Impressive, Graham.

I always thought wide angle lenses were not to be used when stitching.

EH21

Excellent, Graham.

I always thought wide angle lenses were not to be used when stitching.
Yeah nice Graham,
Can we ask how many frames you put together here?

and BJNY,
I've had great success stitching images with the 40mm on my Rollei 6008 using autopano software. And it seems to work for Graham too.

BJNY

BTW Eric,
Please post some images made with your 120mm Imagon.
You're making some nice acquisitions via eBay recently.
Billy

EH21

BTW Eric,
Please post some images made with your 120mm Imagon.
You're making some nice acquisitions via eBay recently.
Billy
Will do - I'm going to put up a blog either on my site or on blogger with shots from all my Rollei lenses soon, and I hope others using that system will contribute too.

btw - I did not buy the Imagon on ebay, but maybe you noticed I did buy a 150mm tele-xenar PQS on ebay today?

Oh yeah - here is a pano shot that I did with the Rollei and 40mm f/3.5 that I don't think could have been done with a longer lens. It's of a wall of graffiti in San Francisco. I was able to walk down the sidewalk and take shots of the wall and stitch them together - a longer lens would not have been possible since there would then be parked cars, light posts and parking meters in the way. This shot is the assembled output (scaled down) from autopano. I don't remember how many images but about 12 maybe more? I have a trimmed up and straightened version somewhere but this should be enough to show what's possible. I just walked down the street with the camera and took shots handheld not paying attention to anything in particular because I didn't get the idea to stitch them until later - some of them were from different distances because I had to move in closer in one spot and I wasn't thinking about keeping the same camera height or angle which would certainly have helped and I would be more careful next time, nonetheless it worked. So I think its really possible with the 40mm. I don't know if that means any wide will do for stitching or if its just the 40mm but obviously Graham and I have used it with success.

Eric

Last edited:

PeterA

Just as well I have one of those 30 inch monitors to enjoy these magnificent panoRAMAS!!

EH21

It's linked not uploaded here - sorry is it too big? The full size one is just huge - 1.2Gb on one layer. I should add that all that curved distortion that you see in the pano I posted is from the stitch software - not from the lens. That Schneider 40mm/3.5 is really a great lens.