The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

raw sinar processing

gogopix

Subscriber
although they are DNG, I could not even SEE the files in C1. Is this a phase vs sinar issue?
Also the Expressions (sic!) SW is mac only?

how do PC people process emotion raw files?

Graham Mitchell

The Sinarback really needs a Mac to go with it. I'm not aware of any PC options. Once you have used a Mac to create the DNG, then there are PC options for developing the raw file. There may be a PC version of Exposure on the way. Perhaps Thierry can update us on that.

T

thsinar

Yes, there is an eXposure version for PC on the way: ETA is Photokina.

And yes, DNGs are cross-platform files, Mac AND Windows.

Best regards,
Thierry

The Sinarback really needs a Mac to go with it. I'm not aware of any PC options. Once you have used a Mac to create the DNG, then there are PC options for developing the raw file. There may be a PC version of Exposure on the way. Perhaps Thierry can update us on that.

Last edited:

gogopix

Subscriber
but I had no problem opening in ACR. Then I simply selected a profile that kept a grey card neutral and was able to match Grahams exposure file (for some reason even though the profile attached was prophoto, I ASSIGNED adobe rgb and it went right to balance.

even though it purports to be DNG, all DNG are not equal as we found out with DMR and M8. C1 opens the latter, but my C1 3.7.8 wont even show the thumbnail (if there is one) In any case doesnt open, but then we wouldnt expect it to, would we.:D

David Klepacki

Victor,

I use Capture One 4, and it has no problems reading the DNG from the Sinar eMotion back. I still use the Brumbaer DNG converter though.

Also, once in C1-4, select the camera profile called "Adobe DNG neutral" (or something similar, but there is only one choice for Adobe DNG).

David

Last edited: