The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

carstenw

maybe the website is not up to date yet... but there's just the HB-V mount listed.
However, when they are now anouncing H and M mount I think they are not going to support Contax.
Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced :( Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics.

Note that the availability of the V mount means that one could also shoot film with it now... This might be a stepwise path to ownership for some.

thomas

Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced
The photos have been there for quite a while, AFAIK, as the HB-V mount was anounced months ago. H and M is new.

Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics
certainly. Me I don't think about the arTec anymore for the time being. I've just ordered a new lens for the WRS and even though I like the integrated back of the arTec I don't really miss one that often. Too, it's really a limiting factor that Sinar doesn't mount Digitars on the arTec. The large image circle of the 47XL (and the upcoming 43XL) is unique and in fact I utilize it from time to time. There is no moderate wide angle with such a huge image circle in the Rodenstock line.

PeterA

If I was shooting products instead of landscapes I would have to have this camera.
Strange that you say that - I am ordering a Sinar mount Artec to use for architecture/landscape and Portrait shooting with an HR40 and 90 lens combo.

Why the Sinar mount? because the Sinar workflow for white shading is the best and I have less issues with colour caste from Sinar back than with my 16CFV mount or 39 megapixel H backs.

Anyway if I change my mind I can always pay $2k and change mounts for the back - a great feature.

I shall report back in a month or so when I have got delivery and made some shots.

It has taken me over a year to make up my mind about this system - the final tick box was my belief that Sinar will actually do well in its new guise and the large image circle lens releases from Rodenstock. if I have a good month or so trading - I will add the 23mm to the collection..

PeterA

Did you see the photos with Leaf and Phase backs, and so on? The specs seem not to have been updated though. There has been no Contax mount announced :( Then again, perhaps one could have something like that commissioned, since there are no electronics.

Note that the availability of the V mount means that one could also shoot film with it now... This might be a stepwise path to ownership for some.
Carsten - yoru Sinar back can take a different mount adaptor can it not? I have Mamiya645/RZ/Contax/V adaptors which I use regulalry to switch between Hy6 and other platforms...
easy procedure- three screws - a superb feature from Sinar.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I don't see where it refers to Phase/Mamiya backs - that is, a Phase or Mamiya Back with the Phase or Mamiya camera mount. Or am I missing something?

Bill

David K

Workshop Member
The email I got from Sinar says:

"...it can now be used with all digital backs. Besides the Hy6/Leaf AFi adaptation we are offering the Sinar arTec camera also for Non-Sinar digital backs, which are equipped with either a Hasselbad V, Hasselblad H or Mamiya 645 AFD interface."

I'm hoping to take one for a test drive soon. Not sure I need it but pretty sure I want it :)

Paratom

Strange that you say that - I am ordering a Sinar mount Artec to use for architecture/landscape and Portrait shooting with an HR40 and 90 lens combo.

Why the Sinar mount? because the Sinar workflow for white shading is the best and I have less issues with colour caste from Sinar back than with my 16CFV mount or 39 megapixel H backs.

Anyway if I change my mind I can always pay $2k and change mounts for the back - a great feature.

I shall report back in a month or so when I have got delivery and made some shots.

It has taken me over a year to make up my mind about this system - the final tick box was my belief that Sinar will actually do well in its new guise and the large image circle lens releases from Rodenstock. if I have a good month or so trading - I will add the 23mm to the collection..
Peter, is the HR40 available now?
When I bought my Artec last year it was not and I went with the 35HR, but the 40HR with its large image circle I am very interested in too.

archivue

it is called the Digaron W... reported to be a good and sharp lens, but prone to flare with direct sun...

PeterA

When I bought my Artec last year it was not and I went with the 35HR, but the 40HR with its large image circle I am very interested in too.
Yes it is available and I note that the HR100 has been released as well - image circle sizes 90 and 80 repsectively. the Rodenstcoks are typically larger lenses than their resective Schneider counterparts - however they do look sexy -:) Unfortunately Sinar do not mount Schneiders.

rhsu

I'm now wondering whether it is wise to test drive the Artec this Tues...!? ummh :(

(there might be some quick sale of my entire Cambo RS and Rodenstock lenses...)

tashley

Subscriber Member
What's the problem with your RS ?
I know you weren't asking me that question but I will try to answer it from my POV...

I love my rs1000 BUT the bullbars on the lenses, whilst very protective, make it awkward to do several things like

* Hold the LCC sheet up flat against the lens
* Get at the aperture and shutter speed controls

In addition, it's really only viable for short focal length lenses in my opinion because focus with longer lenses requires to much back swapping and I don't like doing that in the field.

I just ordered my P65+ upgrade today and so I am very pleased to see that Sinar have announced this - I asked them for it about a year ago and they seemed mildly surprised to hear that anyone wanted it in Mammy mount. Hmmmm...

Tim

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
d they seemed mildly surprised to hear that anyone wanted it in Mammy mount. Hmmmm...
Frankly, to me that shows just how out of touch they are with the market. Maybe explains why they had troubles with their digital camera and backs...