The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar arTec available for Hasselblad V, H, Phase One/Mamiya backs

David K

Workshop Member
I had a chance to play with the ArTec this past week using the 35HR and my e75LV back. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie with tech cameras so I really couldn't put it through it's paces. My impression of the camera is that, in the right hands, it is capable of creating and capturing astounding images. I've never shot with any lens as sharp as this one... the detail it can capture is amazing. Here are a few of my feeble attempts at architectural shots. I included the second shot which shows that the image circle on the 35HR is not adequate to take full advantage of the movements of the camera. I can post some crops if anyone is interested.

David K

Workshop Member
As long as I had the kid figured I'd shoot something I'm more familiar with. Once you get the exposure and focus dialed in you can shoot surprisingly quickly :)

PeterA

Nice shots David - the photos do justice to the subject matter -:)

*the lens to get for image circle is the 40HR.

rhsu

I had a chance to play with the ArTec this past week using the 35HR and my e75LV back. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie with tech cameras so I really couldn't put it through it's paces. My impression of the camera is that, in the right hands, it is capable of creating and capturing astounding images. I've never shot with any lens as sharp as this one... the detail it can capture is amazing. Here are a few of my feeble attempts at architectural shots. I included the second shot which shows that the image circle on the 35HR is not adequate to take full advantage of the movements of the camera. I can post some crops if anyone is interested.
Wow... Brilliant! It has been raining all week and towards the next... so cannot play with the HR40mm on artec until back from school break with kids.

Hope those images will justify the artec. I think I am going to put my WRS kit on the market now - the price is TOO good of a deall here in Australia!

Again... great illustrative shots David!

(Hope not to open up another pandoras box - you seem to be quite happy with the e75?!)

David K

Workshop Member
Peter and rhsu... thanks for the kind comments.

Bob, it's not my kit yet. I'm still reeling at the prospect of spending $17-$18k for a piece of metal and a piece of glass. I will say I was blown away by what my lowly 33 MP Sinar back is capable of producing with the right glass. Here's a crop from the porch shot above. I still can't believe I can read the the writing on the white button...

thomas

Sometime next week I'll get my first lens mounted in a T/S panel. I guess the lens shade will also work fine on that... will see.
oh yes, totally trouble-free! Cambo's T/S mechanism is really solidly built... the lens shade doesn't affect T/S adjustments at all.
And btw... the 70HR is phenomenal!

rhsu

oh yes, totally trouble-free! Cambo's T/S mechanism is really solidly built... the lens shade doesn't affect T/S adjustments at all.
And btw... the 70HR is phenomenal!
...like I said, what good is 20/20 vision when you have a bad imagery receiptant:)

rhsu

Bob, it's not my kit yet. I'm still reeling at the prospect of spending $17-$18k for a piece of metal and a piece of glass. I will say I was blown away by what my lowly 33 MP Sinar back is capable of producing with the right glass. Here's a crop from the porch shot above. I still can't believe I can read the the writing on the white button...
That's encourging feedback about Sinar DB. I know I have been invoiced so far with around USD15,000 w/ HR40mm (depending on exchange rate - as A$ is hammering the EURO at the moment and the latter is taking it out on US$...)

PeterA

Peter and rhsu... thanks for the kind comments.

David - I am sure you are joking about the 'lowly' 75LV. Clear for some clunkyness in user interface and menu system - its files match or exceed anything I have shot with up to 40 megapixels in resolution and especially delivery of natural colour.

Of course the internet favours certian shall I say VELVIA type rubbish posing as photography - but where it counts for me on print and large - Sinar has nothing to be ashamed of in comparison to any other back in this megapixel range - again I cant comment on the 60 megapixel big boy from Phase One - but versus P45+/H3D11-39 and Leaf Aptus 75 - level playing field - with benefits that outweigh some negatives - eg rotating back.

David K

Workshop Member
Peter,
That was intended to be a tongue in cheek remark. I've never played with one of the "big boys" but am more than happy with the files I'm getting and honestly, no sour grapes here, I really have no desire for anything larger. For people shooting, which is what I mostly do these days, larger files and more resolution are nowhere near the top of my priority list.

rhsu

Peter,
That was intended to be a tongue in cheek remark. I've never played with one of the "big boys" but am more than happy with the files I'm getting and honestly, no sour grapes here, I really have no desire for anything larger. For people shooting, which is what I mostly do these days, larger files and more resolution are nowhere near the top of my priority list.
Hear.. hear...!

PeterA

No worries Dave my comments were tongue in cheek as well - maybe we need a forum for stoopid people who stopped between 16 and 40 megapixels ?:ROTFL::ROTFL:

its all about the glass mate - always has been always will be.

Paratom

Any more experience regarding the 40HR?
I am debating with myself if I shall exchange my 35HR with the 40HR (which was not yet available when I bought my Artec last year), since I would like more shift capability.
Do I give up anything besides the 5mm focal length?