The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One releases Firmware 4.8.8 for P65+/P40+

kdphotography

As easy as it really is (at least it was last time), it is still a bit nerve-wracking to update your P65+.....watching all the numbers and codes flip by as the back updates is just unsettling to me!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, way cool upgrade for the Custom FUnction settings. However, it didn't seem to improve the back's speed to read/format/check my 32G sandisk Extreme...

mAlKhamis

Yes, way cool upgrade for the Custom FUnction settings. However, it didn't seem to improve the back's speed to read/format/check my 32G sandisk Extreme...
Hi Jack,,, Does it mean that when some one has the intention to order P65+/P40+ he has to be cautious of buying from the new generation UDMA Cards ??!!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jack,,, Does it mean that when some one has the intention to order P65+/P40+ he has to be cautious of buying from the new generation UDMA Cards ??!!
I would say yes to exercising caution. I am using the 32G UDMA 5 version, and both formatting and initial card check seem to take longer than 2x what my 16G Ext 3 (UDMA 3) card does. But the card does work in my back. Just not super speedy like I expected, as this card was hyper-fast in my Canon 1Ds3. OTOH, I have never had any performance issues while shooting with it in my P65+ back either... (Note that it did NOT work at all in my P45+ back!)

Personally, if I didn't already own this card, I'd be shopping for 2 16G Ext 4's in its place. And yes, I am open to trade offers!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One thing about the 32G is with the rather largish P65+ files, I can go a bit before having to offload --- a whopping 445 frames ;)

narikin

I use 32Gb and 64Gb cards, (G-monster) and have no problems with either.

the 64gb one does take a while to be 'counted' by the P65+ back when you turn on, but its not unbearable.

have had no problems with either UDMA card in months of usage.

narikin

anyone had issues with the new camera settings dialog not always showing up in Menu?

mine sometimes is there, and sometimes isn't, removing and replacing the camera battery pack seems to make it appear at times.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, I spoke too soon!

After replying to your post, I went to check my back - and yes, sometimes the 645DF dialogue shows and sometimes not. Doesn't seem to matter whether camera is on or not, or which gets turned on first.

I tried my own advice above but as the back already showed 4.8.8 installed, it did nothing.

I'll appeal to Phase next.

Bill

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
anyone had issues with the new camera settings dialog not always showing up in Menu?

mine sometimes is there, and sometimes isn't, removing and replacing the camera battery pack seems to make it appear at times.
Is your DF body running the latest firmware?

I need to send my DF body in for a firmware update, and I know when I bought the body they mentioned the p65 update required some update to the firmware on the body as well. Problem is I have to ship the body for the update, just waiting until I can be without it for a short while.

Just wondering if early DF bodies might have this problem ... I sort of afraid to update my p65 until I have the body firmware updated.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Wayne, I'm not sure what back you're using, but you can update the P40+ and the P65+ yourself - no need to send in.

And my DF was delivered in early December and I've had no issue with it and the P65+ other than the one in this thread.
Bill