The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Service Center

cerett

I need to send my H1 and H2 to the Hasselblad Service Center in New Jersey for firmware updates. I cannot find anyone in the L.A./Orange County area I know or trust to do it. Apparently they will check out the entire camera. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they reasonable? Any other changes that need to be made to improve compatibility with the P65+ (whatever that means!). Thank you.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I sent my H1 in a number of years ago for upgrade H1 to H2....they did a great job at a reasonable price but took twice the quoted time.

Not sure that the upgrade kits are available anymore and the H1 may have limited compatability with the P65+ at least H2 should see ISO etc.

No one else in the country was be able to do the upgrade in the past.

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Cannot remember but I think so...the LCD did say H2 Upgrade when booted up.

Understood that it was a circuit board and related to battery on grip powering back if Hasselblad back.

Bob

Z

z0624

I've sent my H1 in for an overhaul after having some weird electrical issues. They went over everything with a fine tooth comb and replaced some boards. It now has the latest firmware. When I sent it in, they only had the "Check to Spec" program for the V-series. Now it's also for the H-series which is what you're essentially going to be getting. Turnaround was fast and communication was good. H1 is running like a champ again.

http://hasselbladusa.com/media/1835954/check_to_spec_v4.pdf

Regards