The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Updating C1 Pro

PeterA

Hi all C1 pro users.

I have C1 Pro but havent updated since version 4.8.1\

What do I have to do to udate to latest version? Are there any instructions anywhere? Any bugs in updating I shoudl be aware of?

The reason I ask is because when I got the programme I had a few issues installing - and have forgotten what they were and I dont remeber my password or codes etc.

C1 says I have one update left.

Thanks
Pete

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I seem to remember some instructions given here in the forum about disposing of previous versions and preferences prior to installing a C1 Pro update, but to be honest, I'm lazy and have never bothered. It always seems to install fine for me without lots of extra fussing around.

Just go to the Phase One site and find the software downloads section and download the version you wish to install. Once done, simply drag it to your applications folder and say yes when it asks if you wish to replace the older version. When you start the new one up, there will be a window in which you can enter your serial number. After that, you're done.

Your mileage may vary of course, but this has worked for me multiple times.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
As far as I remember you may need to deactivate one or two of your activations if you have no activations left ... ?
At least that was what I did about three months ago. I think I recall doing it this way:

• Go to phaseone.com

• Click on My account

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
• Try your usual E-mail address and your usual non-dramatic (non-financial) password

• If you cannot remember the password, click "I forgot my password"
- then they'll probably send you your password, or a new one ...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
• In the menu box choose the appropriate License Code (LE or PRO version)
- now in the Activation History you should be able to see how many upgrades and activations you have left.

If you have no activations left, you may need to deactivate one of your present activations running on one of your computers.

• Click the Deactivate button to the right of the relevant License Code if you have no vacant activations left, in order to free an activation

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
• Choose Downloads in the left menu

• Chose Capture One 5 & 5 PRO and download the relevant version from there

- - - - -

Hopefully wiser members will chime in and tell you if there are some details I have forgotten - or if I remember some of it wrong ... :) /Steen

PeterA

Steen - thanks! and everyone else.

I am hoping that M9 files are handled better on C1 than Lightroom ..not ready to try Aperture 3 yet..a mountain too high - something about Lightroom colour management - it doesnt do it for me just yet..

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

I am hoping that M9 files are handled better on C1 than Lightroom ..not ready to try Aperture 3 yet..a mountain too high - something about Lightroom colour management - it doesnt do it for me just yet..
I think you'll be very pleased, especially for higher ISO shots.

But I would rather have you post your opinion after you've converted some files and printed than insert my own :).

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

jps

Peter

Have you tried adobe's DNG profile editor with Lightroom to build custom profiles? I get great results with M9 and Sinar files -- definitely worth a look !

Cheers JOHN

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Have you tried adobe's DNG profile editor with Lightroom to build custom profiles? I get great results with M9 and Sinar files -- definitely worth a look !
That can improve color (though it's nice to not have to do that), but the rest...

PeterA

Doug - i will load up C1 Pro - I ahev one upgrade to go tonight..

from memory you sent me my numers etc a couple of years ago- I no longer have these ( of course) LOL do I need them or do I just do teh straight download and install over what i have?

pete

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Pete - follow the uninstall instructions - I posted a link above.

You may need your License Key. If you do not have it, log on to the Phase One site as Steen directs above, go to LICENSE MANAGEMENT, and you can find your license key there.

PeterA

Thanks everyone for the help and links I followed the link from cmb and Steen and everything proceeded perfectly.

couldnt help posting an early evening shot from a garden scene with the new M9 and 50 lux aspherical c1 settings were zero sharpening - i tested for near mid and far focus this is near focus - I think spot on.

The M9 has put a smile back on my dial - full frame and all my M lenses are behaving as I was used to them from film days!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW if I had it my way i would have my Phase system and a M9 with 3 lenses . Of course i would also be in divorce court or a baseball bat firmly placed in my forehead. LOL

PeterA

Guy I really dont know how you have managed to control yourself :angry::cry: - you know you want one and I know you will get one..:ROTFL::ROTFL:

It has taken me this many months to source one down here..worth the wait for sure.