The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

update Sinar exposure 7.03

Paratom

there is an updated Sinar Exposure Version for download-just in case you havent seen that yet-Sinar users.

bdp

I would exercise caution with this update. I think the intention of it was to gain tethered compatibility for owners of older multishot Sinarbacks, and the eSprit back. But look at the known bugs in the readme - kernal panics with Macbooks Pros and corrupted images on CF cards. Not a problem if you stick to using the internal memory and use a tower, but unless you have one of those aforementioned backs I wouldn't bother. I have seen no other bug fixes or improvements after using 7.03 for a week or two.

Obviously some people do own eSprit backs, or Sinar are encouraging sales of their existing stock of eSprit backs by making eXposure work tethered with it.

Ben

PeterA

I would exercise caution with this update. I think the intention of it was to gain tethered compatibility for owners of older multishot Sinarbacks, and the eSprit back. But look at the known bugs in the readme - kernal panics with Macbooks Pros and corrupted images on CF cards. Not a problem if you stick to using the internal memory and use a tower, but unless you have one of those aforementioned backs I wouldn't bother. I have seen no other bug fixes or improvements after using 7.03 for a week or two.

Obviously some people do own eSprit backs, or Sinar are encouraging sales of their existing stock of eSprit backs by making eXposure work tethered with it.

Ben
+1 on the warning...

Paratom

the question for me were those mentioned problems non existent in earlier version of SinaExposure Software (7.01 for example)??

bdp

As far as I know they didn't exist in 7.01. I don't remember reading about those bugs in the 7.01 readme and I have been using it successfully with an aluminium macbook pro with no crashes, and have had no corrupted files when importing off CF card.

Ben