The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Don't do this

Harry

They say your not supposed to do this, but....

Tried out the P40+ on my favorite subjects today. Went old school and did manual focus. Had a significantly higher keeper rate than the Nikon with the super uber autofocus . I was exceeding 75% in focus shots with the Phase One over the 50% in focus rate with Nikon . This is a specific type of shot with the subject moving in a predictable zone. Quite surprised with the results.
Also used a Nikon SB900 and it synced to 1/1500 with ease with the Leaf 80mm.

Paratom

Ok,
nice images- anyway I believe with a Nikon using a little higher ISos and blurring the background more with a fast Tele lens , maybe still using some flash I believe the images would look even better.
And you allways can do the same you did with the phase, use manual focus whenever you want or it makes sense.

yaya

This was shot on a Hassy 555ELD, 500mm/f8 Ziess and a Leaf Valeo 11 back...

Valentino Rossi leads the pack through the Foggy S's at Donington Park, July 2003...

Talk about the wrong tool...(but still got the shot)

Harry

Ok,
nice images- anyway I believe with a Nikon using a little higher ISos and blurring the background more with a fast Tele lens , maybe still using some flash I believe the images would look even better.
And you allways can do the same you did with the phase, use manual focus whenever you want or it makes sense.
First time using the setup for this. Starting out conservative on the setting till I could see the results back at home. It is a very small track and the riders are about 10ft away. The 80mm was as long as I could use for the circumstances. It was also a test day with no spectators and empty stands, so I was trying to keep the background out of the picture.

Harry

Valentino Rossi leads the pack through the Foggy S's at Donington Park, July 2003...

And Rossi is still going strong

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Harry love ya man. i love it when someone takes MF and breaks any of these so called limits. so sick of you can't do this or that well just watch us dare devils try.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Paratom

First time using the setup for this. Starting out conservative on the setting till I could see the results back at home. It is a very small track and the riders are about 10ft away. The 80mm was as long as I could use for the circumstances. It was also a test day with no spectators and empty stands, so I was trying to keep the background out of the picture.
Sorry Harry,
I think my first comment was too harsh. In the end I think its cool to see some action photos in the MF forum! Thanks for posting

AlexLF

This is the case when equipment doesn't matter! This is Valentino Rossi! And that says it all.

D

David A

So, whos going to be the first to try bungy jumping with MFD? :)

David