The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PhaseOne PODAS series announced

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A great way to demo a Phase back and learn C1 before buying --- and in some great shooting locations to boot!

Couple of notes about the PODAS workshops that are important:

* The fees include lodging, meals and local transportation at the workshop site for the duration of the workshop,

* The fees also include the use of a Phase camera and P65+ back that is assigned to you for use during the workshop -- why I said above this is a great way to demo a Phase camera and back before buying!

Now, for a little kicker. Phase tracks where their workshop registrations come from, and we'd like them to know who sings up off our site. So if you do register for one of the workshops, please mention that you heard about it at GetDPI when you register and drop us a note letting us know which workshop you signed up for. For that tiny effort on your part, we'll print a complimentary, custom 18x24 print from your workshop for you!

Here are some updated links, note that Guy and I are both instructors --

The main PODAS page: http://www.anp.se/newsletter/616073/4441504174424A5A4B7744415B43

The 2010 workshop locations: http://www.phaseone.com/en/PODAS/Info/Workshops.aspx

The current list of instructors: http://www.phaseone.com/en/PODAS/Info/Instructors.aspx

bavanor

Congratulations on the gig for Glacier National Park! Sounds like a great workshop, now if I can just scrap some money together, or better yet get some jobs :)

fotophil

Hi Jack:

Congratulations on being chosen as an instructor for the PODAS Series. They picked some great teachers so you will have some good company.

Phil

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys,

I am definitely looking forward to working with the PODAS and the group in Glacier!

Joseph Ramos

Workshop Member
Jack,
I have been wanting to visit Glacier wish I could attend this but Jamie graduates on the 10th. Congratulations!

jonoslack

Hi Jack
and another congratulations from me too.
They look like great workshops, and I'm sure you'll do them proud.

all the best

V

Vivek

Congratulations, Jack! :thumbs:

While I appreciate you being "proper" in posting it here, IMHO, it would be more appropriate to post it elsewhere ("announcements"? "sunset-bar"?).:salute:

Guy, Could you move this?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Note that the following additional info was added to the initial post for clarification:

Couple of notes about the PODAS workshops that are important:

* The fees include lodging, meals and local transportation at the workshop site for the duration of the workshop,

* The fees also include the use of a Phase camera and P65+ back that is assigned to you for use during the workshop -- why I said above this is a great way to demo a Phase camera and back before buying!

Now, for a little kicker. Phase tracks where their workshop registrations come from, and we'd like them to know who signs up off our site. So if you do register for one of the workshops, please mention that you heard about it at GetDPI when you register and drop us a note letting us know which workshop you signed up for. For that tiny effort on your part, we'll print a complimentary, custom 18x24 print from your workshop for you!

David K

Workshop Member
Congrats to you and Guy for being selected as instructors. I know from first hand experience that whoever gets you guys gets the best... especially since you're both experienced with the Phase backs. Great news.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Thanks David!

Now all I need to do is convince you to test drive a Phase for yourself!!!

PeterA

Congratulations you two gurus of things Phase One!!

do one down here and I might by one -:)

K

KWR Phase One

A welcome from Phase One

Hello . . . I am Kevin Raber - from Phase One and host for the PODAS workshops. I appreciate Jack and Guy posting news about the workshops here. Having been to countless workshops in my lifetime and seen a lot of good ones and some not so good ones, I decided as a manufacturer we could do something special and unique. Our goal is to put on an outstanding event with top notch instructors providing a well rounded curriculum as well as great photo shoot outings. And, do this while providing the attendees a full P65+ camera system to use while attending. These are exceptional workshops and there is no obligation to buy anything. It's all inclusive all you do is get yourself to the nearest airport and we do the rest. If I can answer any questions for you please don't hesitate to ask. And don't forget if you register say you heard about here.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder that I am slated to teach at the Glacier PODAS event and am looking forward to meeting some of you there!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jack - I think this was mentioned here but again for the record Alpa has partnered with Phase One for the PODAS series so there will be Alpa cams with Schneider and Rodenstock lenses available for use, according the the Alpa newsletter.

jps

I would like to attend the Aussie workshop, have emailed Phase several times with no response. The web page says details to be announced in April... what gives?
JOHN

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi John:

Oz is still a TBD trip, and thus I suspect why there is no definitive answer yet.

Analog6

It now has up some details re the Oz one. I would love to do it but just can't run to it financially at the moment. Still, who knows what may pop up 'tween now and December. Sounds a lot like heaven!