The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Congratulations to Dr. Son Minh Pham

tom in mpls

At risk of being flamed for an OT post, I want to share with everyone that our friend Son Minh Pham successfully defended his PhD dissertation today. I'm sure all DPI members will join in sending our congratulations to him.

Now he can get back to California to join his wife and new baby. And take pictures.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations,
I am sure that you are glad to have it behind you.
Now go shoot something.
-bob

woodyspedden

Well done - salutations!
Pete
Son

As we just talked about this just three days ago I can't tell you how proud I am for you in defending your thesis. You now sit on top of the hill and no one can ever take your credentials lightly. You are special and I for one am glad to know you so well.

I thank you for all your help and friendship in the past and I look foward to being ever close to you in the future.

God bless and revel in your accomplishments.

Your friend

Woody Spedden

mark1958

Son congratulations. IF I were on your thesis committee, I would have passed you in trade for a nice new lens of my choice from your collection :). I am actually going to UPenn next week to give a seminar if you are still out that way.

David K

Workshop Member
I join wholeheartedly in congratulating Son on this milestone. Those of us who know Son also know that achieving this goal was not without it's difficulties. Despite them, he persevered and worked even harder to overcome the hurdles. I have no doubt these same qualities will ensure a successful career. If he were a public company I'd buy stock in him. And, if it wasn't difficult enough to get his name right before, now we have the title of Doctor to deal with... :)

@ Tom,
What a very nice thread to start.

T

thsinar

Dear Son,

my sincere congratulations for your achievement.

Best regards,
Thierry

Last edited:

PSon

Dear Friends/Colleagues,
I am humbled for your congratulations and care. I am honor to know the wonderful support from our community. I thanks those of you who share the passion for photography with me on the daily basis (here and in my defense). The knowledge in photography has facilitated my graphs and illustrations in my defense, conferences and publications. It is my privilege to have the opportunity to achieve my education today. I begun my education at the age of 12 after escaping from the communist country. Thus, it has been a long road and I hope it will serve the bridge for my son to cross into new frontier. I believe in progress and achievement and hope to continue to share with you in these regards. Again I thanks all of your support and congratulations and if I can do anything for you just drop me an email.

Sincerely,
-Son

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Son - Well done and well deserved I am sure. All the best to you in the future.