The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad -35mm Adapter Recs

robmac

Have tried a couple of Hassy-Eos adapters. While both do the job, neither really floats my boat quality-wise. Looking for your experiences with alternatives to what I've tested so far.

My cheap 'buyitjnow' unit (aargh) and the $80 Fotodiox 'Pro' unit are virtually identical on the Hassy side, with minor differences on the EoS side. On both, little if any adjustment can me made on the Hasselblad side of the mount to get a more secure fit.

On the more spendy side of the tracks:

Zoerk
Units look well made (Hassy-T2-T2-EOS), and the firm has been very responsive to enquiries, but it's spendy ($500 in hand) and detailed pics are hard to come by.

Novoflex
Units do exists, but I've yet to find a good set of pics of it.

An $80 adapter site unseen is one thing, a $500 unit is another. So, anyone have experience with either of these units - or other adapter options they'd recommend?

woodyspedden

I just did some research on the novoflex units. The Hassy side is a product called the Haring and for my Nikon a product called the Nika. They make one for EOS as well but I don't remember the name.

Adorama sells these (though God only knows when they will actually ship since they refuse to tell you the stock status of their items.) and have pictures. The total cost for the Nikon system is $400!

I have a Novoflex adapter to go from Leica R glass to M body which I use with my R15 Elmarit. The adapter is extremely well made and the fit is solid on both sides. Novoflex seem to do things right but their prices are very high.

Fotodiox also has a product for $199 which purports to do the same job. I have no experience with them so no comment. http://www.fotodiox.com/shop/index.php?cPath=27

I know the Novoflex solution seems expensive but i am adapting a $2500 lens (used) to a $5000 body so in context it doesn't seem quite so outrageous.

Zoerk also makes a two piece solution for mounting Hassy lenses to F mount or EOS but it is even more expensive than the Novoflex

Hope this helps somewhat

Woody

robmac

Thanks Woody. Jives with my own research.

Novoflex - HARING: Hassy - Novoflex 3-bayonet mount adapter
+ one of:

NIKA (as you say): Novoflex mount to Nikon F
CANA-AF: their mount to Canon EOS (vs. FD)
Leica R version (acronym escapes me)

The Zoerk units are similar Hasselblad to T2 + T2 - Nikon/Canon/R. However, priced out, including a 10% 'Euro' surcharge (unpublished price increase), the total on my door would be $500+VAT (13%) vs $299+ for Novoflex. Ouch.

My $80 Fotodiox Hassy-Eos unit is no better in reality than my $30 from 'buyitjnow'. The Hassy ends are identical, the EoS ends are almost identical. Fit is ok, but not a snug as I'd (ideally) like to get it.

There is also the oldr OEM Hasselblad-Contax 35mm route + a Contax-EoS adapter option, the combined price would be roughly $200+ for the OEM unit.

What may come in handy with the Novoflex example (probably same for Zoerk) is that the adapters are the same units as used in their bellows products.

Thanks

R

Last edited:

P. Chong

late to the thread...but reviving this...

Does anyone know if H lenses can be mated to the Canon EOS cameras? The fotodoix, nova sites are not clear.

robmac

If you mean HC lenses, no, they can't. Like Contax 645 glass they are electronic aperture control, so there is no way to change aperture. Have since moved to using Mamiya 645 glass on Canon, but any V-mount lens works like a charm on Canon, Nikon or Sony with excellent results.

T

tetsrfun

Even later to this thread but I recently acquired a Mirex tilt-shift adapter for Hasselblad/Zeiss to Nikon and it is German "machine shop" quality. Customer service is very responsive.

Steve