The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ordered my P40+ today

billbunton

Subscriber Member
I think the "abandon all hope" subtitle is appropriate to this forum! I ordered a P40+/DF/80D/45D/150D system today, with a 120 macro thrown in for good measure. Can't say that I've ever spent that much on a single purchase before (discounting financed cars and houses :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Awesome purchase looks real familiar to me:D

Wish you the best of luck and your going to love it. Hope you mentioned your friends at GetDPI twisted your arm around a little. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

RayM

This is the exact kit I've been using for a few months now, and I'm just regularly blown away by what I can do with it. Congratulations on your decision. Ray

zonevt

Bill, great choice!....I know the feeling.....I just bought the same package a few weeks ago with a slight lens difference. So far I have the 80LS, 120D macro, 50 shift and 55-110 zoom. All worth the price.....so far the best digital camera system I have ever owned. The 120 macro is spectacular and my most used lens as I shoot semiconductor and small products often. For covering events the image quality up to 1600 is amazing and 3200 very usable. My next purchase will be the 45D.....happy shooting....Tom.

zonevt

I wanted to add....don't under estimate some of the older 645 non D lenses. I was shooting some engineers the other day for a corporate client and I needed a wider view so I put the 50mm shift lens on and to my surprise I found it to be almost as sharp and clean as the 80mm LS and 120 D Macro. You will have to test older lenses as they vary but there are some good ones available at a reasonable price......Tom.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I do like the new 45D folks and been recommending it for awhile. It hangs out quite a bit on the front end and has not disappointed me yet. What we need is a 200mm 2.8 AF now to replace the manual lens which I have and is extremely sharp. Funny thing is I never owned a zoom in this system. The 50 shift is a good lens also. Not too mention my real favorite the 150 D and the 28D

Ebe

Bill, great choice!
The 40+ and D lens are excellent
Congratulations on your system

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Congratulations! Add the 28 mm and the 300 APO and you've probably got all you'll ever need. (Tho' I do like my eBay-bought 55 mm f2.8)

As my dealer said, you can NEVER have too many lenses!

Enjoy your new gear,
Bill

K

KWR Phase One

Congratulations Bill, you’ll have a lot of fun with your new camera. If there is anything Phase One can do let us know. Look forward to seeing some of your images.

billbunton

Subscriber Member
Congratulations! Add the 28 mm and the 300 APO and you've probably got all you'll ever need. (Tho' I do like my eBay-bought 55 mm f2.8)

As my dealer said, you can NEVER have too many lenses!

Enjoy your new gear,
Bill
Considering the number of Nikon lenses I sold to finance this, I know what your dealer means :). I'm definitely planning on the 300 APO at some point, and the 28 probably at a later point. Gotta figure out how to finance those first, since I'm all out of Nikon gear to sell.

billbunton

Subscriber Member
Congratulations Bill, you’ll have a lot of fun with your new camera. If there is anything Phase One can do let us know. Look forward to seeing some of your images.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it'll show up soon. I've got a trip planned in a couple weeks that will either produce some images, or be canceled if I don't have anything to shoot with!