The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Backs for Rollei 6008

pesto

Are any of the contemporary digital backs able to be mounted on the Rollei 6000 series of cameras?

Geoff

This has been addressed a few times before. The Sinar backs can be gotten with adapters. There is some possibility of the Hassy back (I think the CFV) if you find an adapter - Imacon made them, Hassy stocked them for a while, not sure what present situtation is. Many people have used these solutions with the flash synch cable.

The only factory kit worth noting (there were some early ones, but they were scan backs) was the dp20, using the P20 supplied to Rollei by Phase, and then put in a removable 6008 back. It integrates but in a simple way - no EXIF, no battery control, but no synch cable.

For a while you could supply Rollei with a Phase back of your choice and they would machine it into a back for $3k. I don't know if the present Rollei folks will still do that, or if Rollei Metric will. I don't believe they have any digital backs on hand.

In theory, it should be reasonably possible to substitute a newer Phase back into a dp20 setup, as the conversion path should be "legible" with the P20 as a mule (but still keeping the dp20 back), but I don't know anyone who has done it, and honestly don't really recommend it. If you try the dp20 (yes, I have mine for sale...) you'll find it is really pretty good.

Hope this helps. Also look at Pascal's Rolleiflex pages. http://www.rolleiflexpages.com/

Geoff

Felipe

The Sinar eMotion 54 and 75 use an adapter system to mount to the Rollei 6008. it´s all available new but needs a sync-cord. The adapter system is great as it allows the user to change the plate by himself. So you can use it on the Rollei 6008 today and tomorrow on a Mamiya 645 for the focal plane shutter. The Sinar eMotion backs can be mounted in landscape and portrait mode on the Rollei 6008. The Sinar eXposure software is good and produces .dng files that you can use in allmost all image editing programs.

Philipp