The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

22mpx systems

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I agree and you need to look into things and see what they are about . I got one bad one because my son bought something by mistake and i sent a note and this lady went ape shit over it and my nasty reply did not help. Sent her the check and told her to stuff it and keep the product herself. Can you imagine she did not like my New Jersey attitude . What a pansy. LOL Stuff happens sometimes but I would contact the seller get the serial number check and see if it is stolen and stuff like that. BTW many folks like Phase and i am sure Sinar and such if inquiring about a back and have the serial number usually they have the history of it and I know Phase will look into it for you. i am sure Sinar and Hassy can do the same things but folks should look into stuff before they drop a big amount of money.

Dale Allyn

Also, eBay has recently revised it feedback policies -- only BUYERS can leave feedback now. And it's about time so you don't have the whole retaliatory feedback issue to deal with, so I suspect we'll be seeing more honest feedback.
Jack,

Isn't that only buyers can leave "negative" feedback? But that sellers still leave feedback? Otherwise, if one is only buying how do they get more feedback status?

I agree that this is a much better approach now.

I've picked up a 132C to use with my Rollei 6008i. I think I would've preferred a Sinarback, but that's how it goes.

Problem is, every now and again (too frequently, to be honest) it messes up the camera electronics (e.g. the aperture setting gets 'stuck'), and I usually have to turn the camera off and back on to clear it.
It may be down to timings that need changing, but I wouldn't know where to start.

As well as that the self-timer can't be used 'coz the back fires as soon as the release is pressed, not when the shutter opens.

Anyone here had any experience with this combo? Any problems? :cry:

s.agar

Thanks for the information in this thread.
I was just about to make a decision towards P25 with Mamiya setup (or ZD) that I started to learn from this forum.

Why doesn't someone give the *typical* prices for these, so comparisons may have some more value. The list prices are misleading, and contacting each and every agent is loss of time. I don't need to know special prices given for Pro's, but just the normal range.

If possible, can these be the prices in U.S.A. The local agents here (and probably in Europe as well) give the same prices as in USA, except in Euro's. That makes a small difference of only 55%!

Best regards

Seyhun

I've picked up a 132C to use with my Rollei 6008i. I think I would've preferred a Sinarback, but that's how it goes.

Problem is, every now and again (too frequently, to be honest) it messes up the camera electronics (e.g. the aperture setting gets 'stuck'), and I usually have to turn the camera off and back on to clear it.
It may be down to timings that need changing, but I wouldn't know where to start.

As well as that the self-timer can't be used 'coz the back fires as soon as the release is pressed, not when the shutter opens.

Anyone here had any experience with this combo? Any problems? :cry:
Just in case this is of use to future readers...

With the 132C (I don't know about others), you have to set a shutter speed on the back. In my case it was changing this speed that caused the problem. The nice people at Hasselblad told me (contrary to what the manual says!) I can leave it at 1/8th unless I am using a speed slower than that.

s.agar

Re: 22mpx systems vs. film

I'm currently using Mamiya 645 Pro SD with slide film, usually 100 ISO. I scan with Nikon 9000ED.

In 35mm camera systems, my 12MP D300 gives more resolution, less noise, and better prints at 40X60cm, so I had to put away the film cameras (except for some nostalgic moments, when I still use film).

In the MF case, do you think that the 22MP systems are better in terms of resolution/noise/printing (again nothing bigger than 40cm width) than a MF film (like 100G) scanned with the same scanner? I have no possibility of trying a 22MP digital back in Istanbul.

I have already decided to buy a MF digital back, but not sure whether it may be a 22MP back or the P30+, (actually a Phase One system to continue using my existing lenses, and film too).

Not being a professional, and taking landscape photos, some documentary interior shots (ancient places etc), but participating in exhibitions with at most 40cm prints, I need your recommendations about 22 or 30 MP backas.

Thanks in advance,

Seyhun

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's a tough call between the P25 and P30 plus backs . i had a hard time with this myself. But i chose the P25 and several reasons why . One there is no crop factor , second i can use this on a shifting camera or view camera without color casts The downside if you call it one is ISO 800. The P30 plus has ISO to 1600 but is a crop factor back, has micro lenses which will create a color cast with the view camera / shifting camera but the micro lenses will reduce or eliminate moire. The P30 plus is also about a thousand cheaper. it is more designed at the Fashion /wedding shooter and it has a smaller micron sensor . The P25 is a 9 micron sensor . For some reason i like the 9 micron sensor , I have it in my head that it is better and not sure exactly why but I felt the P25 has a touch more DR and saturation in the files. That is my feeling and can be proven wrong maybe. I only had them together for a couple days but that was my impression. Looking at what you shoot you may lean more to the P25 plus. Because of the full frame mainly. Either one is just flat outstanding though and will not regret getting either one . i just like the P25 plus better but that is me.