The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question on H3D Focus Calibration

P. Chong

Hi Hassy users,

As some may know, I just came on board with a used H3D-39. I have been shooting with the camera...works quite well, nice files.

I dropped by at Shriro the other day, and started chatting with the tech, and he looked through my camera, and noticed that the Focus Calibration id is blank. He is not sure why this is so, and says that I might have to send the camera and back to Denmark/Sweden if I encounter any problems (touch wood no problems so far).

I got back in touch with the seller (who initially purchased the camera from one of our distinguished dealers who is a member here and at LL), and he spoke to a few chaps, and basically told me that they all think Hasselblad should have a database which they can access to input the focus calibration id. And this is not a serious issue.

Any views on this? Should I be worried? I am on a 3 week shooting trip in Germany now, so speaking with the Shriro chaps would be a bit challenging.

P. Chong

Thanks David. That is reassuring. The camera works very well, and I am getting good shots. Phocus is a bit finicky...and quite slow. But when it works, the files are beautiful.